A Theory on the New "Vinci"

onebarrelonedog

if you think about it they have all the catigories coverd ,in the semi autos how could they possibly improve on any of the semis they have now :rolleyes: i dont think there is any more room fore another semi in the Benelli line up BUT ill sit back and wait impatiently , but i still have my sbe II on order :) cant wait .

I find it very frustrating that, regardless of what this thing is, it isn't going to be available to us for quite some time. I'm looking to buy a shotgun for myself and possibly one for the lil' lady sometime in the next couple of months, so I know I personally sort of don't want to fall in love with the Vinci....

it isn't going to be available to us for quite some time

What standing do you have to say this :confused: Do you know the ship dates of the Vinci?

I ask only because we don't even know what this gun is, yet you seem to know the ship dates. The reps are all heading to Benelli right now for the big Vinci meeting. Maybe you are already there?

I was able to purchase an SBE II within a few weeks of the first shipments :)

To Mudhen,

Oh no, I'm not a rep of any sort. I apologize for any confusion. Time until release is just conjecture for me. It's just my experience that, at least with guns, time between the announcement of the gun and the time it's available to us seems to be a relatively long time when compared to, say, movie times. For instance, my understanding about the Browning Maxus is that it won't actually be released until sometime around this coming October...and we've known about the Maxus for some time now. I just think there's a good chance that the Vinci is going to follow the same trend and take a while to get to us.

I could be wrong though. Anyone else out there remember how long this process took for other Benellies?

As an aside, I'd of course prefer if it was available sooner rather than later...especially if it turns out to be something I'd like to buy.

To Mudhen,

Oh no, I'm not a rep of any sort. I apologize for any confusion. Time until release is just conjecture for me. It's just my experience that, at least with guns, time between the announcement of the gun and the time it's available to us seems to be a relatively long time when compared to, say, movie times. For instance, my understanding about the Browning Maxus is that it won't actually be released until sometime around this coming October...and we've known about the Maxus for some time now. I just think there's a good chance that the Vinci is going to follow the same trend and take a while to get to us.

I could be wrong though. Anyone else out there remember how long this process took for other Benellies?

As an aside, I'd of course prefer if it was available sooner rather than later...especially if it turns out to be something I'd like to buy.

Like I have already posted, I was able to buy an SBE II within weeks of Benelli's original given ship dates. The fact that the Internet Wizards chatted about a possible SBE II before it was officially announced by Benelli is irrelevant to Benelli's reputation.

I've never had a problem getting any Benelli with repect to legitimate company offered availability dates. I got an M2 APG camo in 20 gauge just a few days after they were available.

Now, your favorite dealer may not always be able to get the exact Benelli that a particular customer wants, but in general, the guns can be had from somewhere at some price.

The Maxus is supposed to start shipping in May, third week according to our Browing rep. I'll find out because I have one on order :) It's already listed at Davidson's, but of course, it shows out of stock for now.

I think you may be somewhat confused on how the gun industry works. When the rags report on new guns, they are pretty much trolling on behalf of the gun makers. Have you ever seen a real bad review in a typical gun rag? I have not. It's pure PR. They are helping create interest.

Another benefit to delayed general or soft releases is that it can help the gun maker discover problems with early test guns. This was exactly the case with the Browning X-Bolt. They soft released some guns and then found out the magazines had a problem. They quickly fixed the problem and disaster was averted because they had not shipped that many guns.

I'm only guessing that with all the hype and dates being mentioned by Benelli, the Vinci will be available shortly. They have not done this for any other model that I am aware of. We'll see in a few days :D

Mudhen -

yeah I understand what you're saying, I don't think I'm necessarily confused, I've just bought guns that were already available in the past and so didn't pay much attention to this sort of thing.

Do you know of somewhere where the Maxus release date is stated online? If it's somewhere in writing, and I can grab one of these guys in May, I might just be placing a long distance call back home tonight :) .

My understanding is that Benelli has not given any sort of release date, just a date when we'll find out what the gun is. Is this correct? or have I missed the date somewhere?

I got the impression that the Maxus, on several sites including, I think, ableammo's, would be shipped sometime this coming fall.

I'm not saying not to trust a manufacturer's stated release date, I'm saying that when they have all the information available, ala Browning Maxus now, it seems to be a while before we can actually get our hands on them.

I've been aware of the Remington 887 from their site and others for some time, and I don't believe they're on sale yet. Browning released info to the press about the Maxus last October or something and it's not available yet, 5 months later. We don't even know what the Vinci is and so I wouldn't be all that surprised if it wasn't released for sale for another 5 months or more. It's been worse in the past for certain pistols...things would be up on manufacturer's sites for over a year without being released to the public. However, there was at least one situation (I think a pistol by Ruger...their relatively new 9mm) where there was really no website or article presence until I think shortly after the pistol was out...I believe in an effort to take advantage of excitement people would have upon seeing the website - basically, you see the website, get excited, and want to run out and get one, and you can. Maybe if you thought more about it, you would decide not to.

But, once again, I have no experience that suggests a gun shouldn't be available when the maker says it will...it's just that I wouldn't be surprised if we found out what the Vinci was and we didn't get a release date for a while.

I could be wrong...in fact I hope I am. I'm just saying there's plenty of precendent to support a theory that we won't get our hands on this for some time. If Benelli says we'll have it in a month (or whatever) though, then I think it will be available in a month.

Edited by onebarrelonedog