M2 Tactical Cleaning Question

primebeef

I am a newbie to Benelli and the shotgun world and just purchased the 11052 M2 Tactical. The owners manual says to use the Benelli cleaning kit that seems to be very difficult to obtain.

What cleaning kit (in lieu of the Benelli) do you recommend?

I am concerned about damaging the finish inside the barrel by using the wrong cleaning brush. What is the best way to clean the chrome lined barrel to ensure that I do not damage the finish?

I saw one thread where someone recommended tearing down, cleaning and reoiling before using the gun for the first time. Is that necessary? The owners manual does not refer to this practice.

Appreciate any input. I am anxious to start becoming familiar with the use and care of this great shotgun.

Chrome is pretty damn hard, and you would have to use something pretty agressive to damage it. I use a phospher bronze brush and a coated cleaning rod. You should also use some plastic wad solvent. That will cut cleaning time to a few minutes. Then just run a mop through it and presto, your done.