Does the SBEII or M2 cycle 1oz?

Jhanfosho

I have a SBE II and it has had well over 500 arounds of 1-1/8 oz. 3 dram loads fired from it and NEVER had a problem! I shoot the cheapest loads I can find for skeet and trap. I don't remember seeing anything lighter than 1-1/8 oz. at my local shop. Maby they are only in more $$ loads, so that's why i have not seen them.

Edited by JOE KICKASS

so i just bought a SBE II and as my first new semi auto... i LOVED it!! i shot two boxes of 3.5"s through it as the manual reccomended. then i shot atleast 3 boxes of 1 1/8oz dove loads. the gun worked flawlessly!! i did not try the lighter loads of 7/8oz, because my dad has a SBE I and it would not kick out the shell (not enough kick) so learning from his experiences i just skipped it and went with the heavier light field loads. gun did not jam!! took it home and cleaned her out! Im excited for October!!:D

I shoot DTL with my sbe2 with 28 gram of 7 shot which is ounce load.it cycles perfect but it is vital that your gun is spotless,stripped down completely after ever use and also make sure you recoil tube in your stock is clean too.i clean my recoil tube every five 3 thousand shells.you would be surprised wat gets in there!!also a wee smear of oil on the rails helps too but dont put too much on!

so i just bought a SBE II and as my first new semi auto... i LOVED it!! i shot two boxes of 3.5"s through it as the manual reccomended. then i shot atleast 3 boxes of 1 1/8oz dove loads. the gun worked flawlessly!! i did not try the lighter loads of 7/8oz, because my dad has a SBE I and it would not kick out the shell (not enough kick) so learning from his experiences i just skipped it and went with the heavier light field loads. gun did not jam!! took it home and cleaned her out! Im excited for October!!:D

I just purchased a SBEII and didn't see the recommendation of shooting 3.5's initially.

I just purchased a SBEII and didn't see the recommendation of shooting 3.5's initially.

There isn't one.

They do recommend shooting several boxes of heavy field loads.

whats heavier then 3.5" shells??:o they recommend about 4-5 boxes of heavy field loads for a break-in period of the gun. and well 3.5"s are a pretty heavy field load. i shot 2 boxes of those and then a box of 3" and then went to the light dove loads. everything worked fine

whats heavier then 3.5" shells? they recommend about 4-5 boxes of heavy field loads for a break-in period of the gun.

That's not what was asked.

The question was whether or not the manual specifies 3.5" loads. It does not.

2-3/4" heavy field loads will do the job just as quickly and effectively, and without causing flinchitis.

If I hit you with enough force to knock you out cold, is it really going to matter to you if I hit you twice as hard?

That's not what was asked.

The question was whether or not the manual specifies 3.5" loads. It does not.

2-3/4" heavy field loads will do the job just as quickly and effectively, and without causing flinchitis.

If I hit you with enough force to knock you out cold, is it really going to matter to you if I hit you twice as hard?

it said to use heavy field loads... i choosed the 3.5"s and i never said that they recommened them. i just said what is heavier? flinchitis:D yeah a lil brusing but nothing too bad. i chose my heavy field loads, doesnt mean that somebody has to choose the same ones.

well if you hit me you better be bringing a big fist!!:p

sooooooo whats the best break-in shells? And how many boxes of them should I shoot?

if i were to say the cheapest would probably be high base lead loads... but if it were me, i would do it in duck loads, either 3" or 3.5"s... just my prefence though... and i believe the manual calls for 4-5 boxes...