Release button aides

little_john

Hello all,

Just wondering if you one had experiences with the followign three items. They all 3 seem to be targeted at the same problem. Daves is the cheaper simplier solution but not sure of how great it works. The GG&G item is a bit pricey, and the Prog. Machine I can't find much information on. Any thoughts or experience with all 3 of these items? It is for on a M2 tactical for H.D.

DMW Speedbar For Benelli 20.00

GG&G Benelli Tactical Bolt Release Pad 120.00

Prog. Machine Benelli Extended Bolt/Carrier Release Button 45.00

Thanks,

lj

I did my own mod here:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17814

for an M2, turned out really nicely. I think its the best thing I did to the gun in terms of usability so I'm sure you wont be disappointed.

Now I know that really wasnt what you asked but the good news is I was inspired by Duggan's glowing report of his (GG&G I think).

handles03t.jpg

The GG&G pad works well.

It's just a pain to install ... if you can get beyond that, it's great, and a huge improvement to the speed and usability of the gun.

You really have to crank/loctite down the pad to the screw though, I had mine break free once when I only half cranked it down ... it will just spin around until you align the pad and tighten the screw more.

It's not cheap, but it's a total replacement mechanism, both inside and outside the gun. Lots of competitors products are just pads that stick onto the existing hardware, or some other bootleg method. The GG&G is a legitimate replacement part ... I wish I could say it wasn't the best available, as i don't really like most GG&G things, but unfortunately I think at the current time it is by far the best pad available ...

handles03t.jpg

The GG&G pad works well.

It's just a pain to install ... if you can get beyond that, it's great, and a huge improvement to the speed and usability of the gun.

You really have to crank/loctite down the pad to the screw though, I had mine break free once when I only half cranked it down ... it will just spin around until you align the pad and tighten the screw more.

It's not cheap, but it's a total replacement mechanism, both inside and outside the gun. Lots of competitors products are just pads that stick onto the existing hardware, or some other bootleg method. The GG&G is a legitimate replacement part ... I wish I could say it wasn't the best available, as i don't really like most GG&G things, but unfortunately I think at the current time it is by far the best pad available ...

Duggan,

I wanna do this mod to my m4 also.... how easy is it to do at home? I also want to do the oversized bolt carrier charging handle. Is it made by GG&G also?

Mr. Shotgun

The GG&G pad is a pretty tough install, if only because you are only born with 2 hands.

If you have someone helping you, or proper tools, and have experience, it can be done in 5-10 minutes.

It took me over an hour, as the instructions that came with it were beyond awful and I was the first person on this board that I had seen with the mod, so I had no one to talk to.

The charging handle is a Design Concepts titanium one, formerly known as Progressive Machine & Tool.

You can buy one here:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=22928&s=

It is 100x better than the GG&G charging handle, as well as every other charging handle I've tried. I highly recommend it.

The GG&G pad is a pretty tough install, if only because you are only born with 2 hands.

If you have someone helping you, or proper tools, and have experience, it can be done in 5-10 minutes.

It took me over an hour, as the instructions that came with it were beyond awful and I was the first person on this board that I had seen with the mod, so I had no one to talk to.

The charging handle is a Design Concepts titanium one, formerly known as Progressive Machine & Tool.

You can buy one here:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=22928&s=

It is 100x better than the GG&G charging handle, as well as every other charging handle I've tried. I highly recommend it.

thats cause your uncoordinated and no one wants to talk to you cause your always talkin to yourself,aint no one else listening anyways,,lol,,lol----------------------------------------------------------now to answer Mr. Shotgun,,its an oversize 45 acp mag release button,,got it at the gunshow,,did some drilling ,some tappin,,,some cussin,,ya know,,went right in,,john mason co. out of california has em,,ooohh doogie dugan take notes sonny,,we where buying ,,shootin ,,workin on this M1014 stuff long before you even thought of one,,M1014 will always be one step ahead of little junior member duggy duggan,,lol,,lollllllllllllll