PNWJeeper

PNWJeeper

Just acquired new Cordoba, In patterning with various chokes I note that with several chokes the majority of pellets are in the NW &/or NE quadrants of a 30" circle. I shot from a good rest with bead aimed at center of target. Is this "normal" for a shotgun, I assume that I could adjust for it by holding the bead just below a target with a proper lead versus covering the target. Or is a better approach to shim the stock? Obviously I am new to shotgunning & would appreciate some sage advice from those of you who know what they are doing.

No need to post the question anywhere else.

I read them all.

Benelli shotguns like to be sighted slightly differently than do most American made guns.

A typical sight picture for a Benelli has the target fully visible above the front bead. The mid bead should be just beneath the front bead, forming a figure 8 image.

Covering the target simply doesn't work well with most Benellis.

As for right and left, that can be adjusted with changes in the cast plates, but I'm not sure they'll help you if you're already aiming the gun instead of pointing it.

If you really need a shotgun that is to be aimed, instead of instinctively pointed, then I suggest using and adjustable aftermarket sight or low power optic.

No need to post the question anywhere else.

I read them all.

Benelli shotguns like to be sighted slightly differently than do most American made guns.

A typical sight picture for a Benelli has the target fully visible above the front bead. The mid bead should be just beneath the front bead, forming a figure 8 image.

Covering the target simply doesn't work well with most Benellis.

As for right and left, that can be adjusted with changes in the cast plates, but I'm not sure they'll help you if you're already aiming the gun instead of pointing it.

If you really need a shotgun that is to be aimed, instead of instinctively pointed, then I suggest using and adjustable aftermarket sight or low power optic.

Thanks"Tucker301", I am slowly catching on to pointing and the sight picture concept (years of rifle hunting & the military taught me to "aim".) Knowing that the majority of the "shot" is above the bead allowing one to keep the target visible makes perfect sense. Thanks to your explanation I've doubled my sporting clays score over the last 3 outings, (from 28 to 54), not much to brag about but a definite improvement. What an addictive sport this shot-gunning is !!