Benelli mag extension - WTB

m4p226n

Just got off the phone with Benelli CS, they told me that TacStar was making their mag extensions.

They are parkerized, +2 extensions that match the M4 finish. No frying of the receiver required.

I have one inbound, including overnight shipping, for less than $90.00.

FYI.

Beware.

Greg

Just got off the phone with Benelli CS, they told me that TacStar was making their mag extensions.

They are parkerized, +2 extensions that match the M4 finish. No frying of the receiver required.

I have one inbound, including overnight shipping, for less than $90.00.

FYI.

Beware.

Greg

Tacstar is an aftermarket extension. I thought you wanted an oem Benelli?lol Either way welcome to the M4 family.

I called Benelli and they told me that TacStar was making their mag extensions. I then called TacStar, spoke to Dennett, and he confirmed this.

So unless Benelli CS and Dennett at TacStar are lying, the TacStar tube IS the Benelli tube.

I'm not trying to argue with you, but I know for a fact they are not the same. I personally have a OEM Benelli M4 +2 extension and my buddy has a tacstar on his and they are different finish and quality tubes. The reason Benelli cs told you to get a tacstar tube is that they do not sell oem ext tubes to US citizens only leo in the United States.I'm not raggin on your tacstar it's just not OEM PLAIN and SIMPLE. Maybe another Senior Member can chime in here to back me up.

It's true.

They may refer or resell Tacstar tubes as their "preferred" tubes, but the tubes are not OEM tubes.

The OEM extension tubes are pretty rare now and they no longer sell them to US citizens.

What does it mean? I don't know ... it means that you bought an aftermarket tube from the OEM reseller.

Question is, why does it matter? A quality tube is a quality tube ... there is no legal reason or any other reason to insist on an "OEM" tube.

In reality, in my experience, the aftermarket tubes are better machines and finished anyways ...

Sneakerfreak relax bud. I don't want you to fall out of your chair, or scuff one of your sneakers. Good grief.

I'm relaxed just thought you wanted an oem Benelli tube. I'm not trying to diss you like u are me, I was trying to help. Then again its obivous to us members you are an ill informed noob. Just make sure you know what your talking about when you post you "facts" or we will jump all over ya. Best of luck with the M4.

Question to moderator: Of all the gun forums on which I participate, it's universally considered rude for a poster to bait the original poster because he doesn't like the way the thread is going.

Is this normal for the Benelli forum? I came here for information and I've got a little pit yorkie yipping at me. I don't want trouble, I just want to participate with like-minded brothers. But if this is what is going to happen when I allow my own thread to drift (and in which I offered info that I was given directly from Benelli, for others here to see), then I'll pass on the forum. Life's too short.

Carry on.

Edited by m4p226n

This is hilarious.As stated beforehand no one is trying to flame you like you are to me. I am just stating the fact that Tacstar is not an oem Benelli extension.If you post something as fact and it is not true we are gonna correct you. No need to get offended and call people names. If that bothers you too much then get off the forum. We don't need folks who feel empowered by their keyboard. Now once again, best of luck with your M4 and enjoy!

There seems to be some disagreement about whether or not Benelli is still manufacturing the +2 tubes for the M4, or if they're outsourcing the tubes and calling them OEM.

In an effort to get this clarified, I just sent an email to Benelli CS to find out exactly what the truth is. Here's the text of the email I sent:

I would like to purchase a Benelli M4 magazine extension tube (+2).

Does Benelli still manufacture these extension tubes? If not, who is currently manufacturing the Benelli OEM mag extensions?

I'll post their response here.

Got an answer today:

Benelli does still manufacture the extension tubes. However, ATF banned the importation of them to consumers a few years back. Therefore, we are not able to sell them. They are only available for law enforcement and military personnel. Thank you!

Kristan

Customer Service

Greetings to all. This is probably not news to some of you, but allow me to point out from my experience in industry that any given manufacturing plant can produce different qualities according to the materials and processes specified by a customer or its own brand management. However, it is almost certain that a high quality plant will not product low quality products.

Therefore, I am sure that if Benelli uses/used StarTac for extensions, or Trulock for chokes, then their own branded products should be very good. Any actual experience and comparisons would be very useful. Thanks!

What is the fascination with the OEM tubes? I just don't get it.

There are better machined, better finished, widely available extensions out there for 1/3 the price you'll pay for an OEM.

Having an OEM tube does not give you a legal leg to stand on, nor does it make your gun any more "factory".

I guess a fool and his money ...