warrenty model #

ih4ever

how do i find out what the model # of a SBE II is? where would it be located?? its a max-4, 26" SBE II anybody know what the model # is??

i typed in B0051800 that was on the UPC code i have. then i got this at the end...

"Should your Benelli USA firearm require service, please refer to the terms of your Benelli USA One-Year Limited Warranty for details about what is covered, what is not covered, and how to obtain warranty service."

i thought they offered a 5 year warrenty?? whats up with this 1 year stuff??:confused:

thanks for the help

Edited by ih4ever

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli_super_black_eagle_2.php click on specs an it will be listed as the last few numbers in the bar code= 10108! WARRANTY = http://www.benelliusa.com/support/warranty.php

http://www.benelliusa.com/support/registration.php

If ya want it to operate flawlessly shoot 3 boxes of the heaviest loads you plan on ever shooting thru it AFTER you clean it firts!

Edited by HOGWILD

whom are you speaking of and maybe you should be asking them these questions? Warranty is in ENGLISH and i read it the way the factory would! Lotta times boxes could get mixed up but it should not be hard to solve with one call to CS with your serial number! If someone sold you the wrong model good luck on getting someone to take back a firearm! Surprised Semi Autos are still legal out their!:p

Benelli USA Corporation Five-Year Limited Warranty

glam_duckcall_542.jpg

for Benelli Sporting Firearms

A new Benelli firearm is warranted only to the original retail purchaser for five years from date of purchase. This warranty applies only if the firearm was purchased from an authorized Benelli dealer in the United States or Canada.

Benelli will, at its option, repair or replace, without charge, any Benelli firearm that fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Parts and labor are included. Repairs are warranted for the duration of the original warranty. If Benelli replaces a firearm under this warranty, you will receive a new five-year warranty. Benelli will return replacement firearms to you freight prepaid.

whom are you speaking of and maybe you should be asking them these questions? Warranty is in ENGLISH and i read it the way the factory would! Lotta times boxes could get mixed up but it should not be hard to solve with one call to CS with your serial number! If someone sold you the wrong model good luck on getting someone to take back a firearm! Surprised Semi Autos are still legal out their!:p

alright so i just called Benelli. i told em that i think i screwed up on the model # while registering my shotgun. she asked me what kind it was and i told her a SBE II and she said "well sir the model # isnt important because we dont go off of the warrenty cards anyway. if its a manufacture defect they will replace it anyway." i said ok but what about the statement i received after registering it that said limited 1 year warrenty? "must be a miss spelling on our website, it has a 5 year warrenty" i said well do you need my model # then? "no because even if the guns 15 years old, if its a manufacture defect they will still replace it free of charge"

so is that true?? i dont believe so.... dont think that if the gun was 15 years old and it had a manufacture defect on it that they would replace it?? do i need to make another call??

Benelli USA Corporation Five-Year Limited Warranty

for Benelli Sporting Firearms

A new Benelli firearm is warranted only to the original retail purchaser for five years from date of purchase. This warranty applies only if the firearm was purchased from an authorized Benelli dealer in the United States or Canada.

Benelli will, at its option, repair or replace, without charge, any Benelli firearm that fails due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Parts and labor are included. Repairs are warranted for the duration of the original warranty. If Benelli replaces a firearm under this warranty, you will receive a new five-year warranty. Benelli will return replacement firearms to you freight prepaid.

i understand that. but why did i get this statement afte registering my shotgun??

"Should your Benelli USA firearm require service, please refer to the terms of your Benelli USA One-Year Limited Warranty for details about what is covered, what is not covered, and how to obtain warranty service."

What she was telling you is that Benelli will stand behind their products, regardless of its age.

They always have done this.

Normal wear and tear or abuse are not going to be covered, but a manufacturing defect is something they feel strongly about. They will fix it if it has broken through no fault of the customer.

This is not a written policy, but it is an unwritten philosophy, and an attitude towards making a great product and standing behind it.

What she was telling you is that Benelli will stand behind their products, regardless of its age.

They always have done this.

Normal wear and tear or abuse are not going to be covered, but a manufacturing defect is something they feel strongly about. They will fix it if it has broken through no fault of the customer.

This is not a written policy, but it is an unwritten philosophy, and an attitude towards making a great product and standing behind it.

im not complaining i was just trying to make sure i understood this. my understanding was they warrenteed them for 5 years and thats it. it GREAT that they stand behind their products like that! makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside:p

im not complaining i was just trying to make sure i understood this. my understanding was they warrenteed them for 5 years and thats it. it GREAT that they stand behind their products like that! makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside:p

sir's what ih4ever is referring to is the prompt from the benelli website that actually said 1- year from date of purchase instead of 5 years. he has a valid point to be alarmed as the warranty stipulation is a limitation to the mandate of consumer laws. now this limitation when stipulated and agreed to limits the collateral liability of the manufacturer. 5 years reduced to a year is a very drastic reduction of the warranty stipulation and hence the question of the gentleman above mentioned. and yes, the warranty certificate for online registration(s) indeed say one year instead of 5 years from date of purchase. a snafu? probably, but it has to be legitimately checked otherwise is a baitswitch in action and should be frowned upon.

sir's what ih4ever is referring to is the prompt from the benelli website that actually said 1- year from date of purchase instead of 5 years. he has a valid point to be alarmed as the warranty stipulation is a limitation to the mandate of consumer laws. now this limitation when stipulated and agreed to limits the collateral liability of the manufacturer. 5 years reduced to a year is a very drastic reduction of the warranty stipulation and hence the question of the gentleman above mentioned. and yes, the warranty certificate for online registration(s) indeed say one year instead of 5 years from date of purchase. a snafu? probably, but it has to be legitimately checked otherwise is a baitswitch in action and should be frowned upon.

AMEN!! yes my main consern was the warrenty statement. since the woman said the model # didnt matter because anything thats a defect from Benelli would be covered even after 5 years, but yet the registration page said only a limited 1 year warrenty, just had me confused. and now i know they dont need my warrenty card because even if the guns 20 years old they still stand behind it!!

it is actually good to know that benelli will stand behind their product regardless of years of ownership; it probably is a bug in their website but i too was bothered when it said 1 year instead of 5; the thing with the situation at hand that bothers me is when push comes to shove, the written warranty stipulation prevails as this forms a contract between the manufacturer and the consumer. and if a consumer is nonchallant about it, he waives his legal rights to the same as he was remissed in observing his rights. i hope benelli could clarify this matter as this brings a rather chilling effect to new benelli owners such as the gentleman ih4ever and myself.