M4 Field stock info needed

alisske

I just purchased a supposed m4 benelli field stock. I say supposed only becuase it will not fit onto my m4.

To note, it was a take off from another benelli m4. Both shotguns were the 11017 models. It seems like the hex nut on the back of the reciever will not fit inside the hole in the stock. (the stock slides on until it meets the hex)

Additionally, I am used to the stock (collapsable) screwing on to the threads at the base of the recoil can near the reciever. The stock I recieved has no threads in the neck of the stock that would screw onto the reciever.

The seller swears that he unscrewed it from his M4 and droppedit in the mail. I believe that he believes that is the case.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Anthony

I just purchased a supposed m4 benelli field stock. I say supposed only becuase it will not fit onto my m4.

To note, it was a take off from another benelli m4. Both shotguns were the 11017 models. It seems like the hex nut on the back of the reciever will not fit inside the hole in the stock. (the stock slides on until it meets the hex)

Additionally, I am used to the stock (collapsable) screwing on to the threads at the base of the recoil can near the reciever. The stock I recieved has no threads in the neck of the stock that would screw onto the reciever.

The seller swears that he unscrewed it from his M4 and droppedit in the mail. I believe that he believes that is the case.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Anthony

I dont know what to tell you.

Instaling the field stock is the exact opposite of removal of the other stock.

If it does not go on that easy, id be willing to bet that its is NOT a M4 stock.

The field stock has a screw that is part of the stock sling attachement that screwes into the base of the recoil tube.

Becuase my stock was hitting the hex nut, that screw was not able to "catch" the recoil tube.

I just bored out the hole in the stock (1/8) inch off the circumfrence (sp?) of the hole in the neck of the stock and it fit like nobodies business. (with a little elbow persuasion)

Thanks everyone.