***8 more days and counting***

goose2

A few more days...

The reps are heading to Benellli for the big Vinci meeting as we speak.

No doubt, it will probably be yet another huge success for Benelli :)

Can't imagine why anyone would hate a gun that technically doesn't exist yet, but that's just the way some folks are I guess :confused:

The reps are heading to Benellli for the big Vinci meeting as we speak.

No doubt, it will probably be yet another huge success for Benelli :)

Can't imagine why anyone would hate a gun that technically doesn't exist yet, but that's just the way some folks are I guess :confused:

I don't hate it by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just not in pins and needles waiting to see what it is, as some here apparently are.

I'm sure it will be a great gun.

I'm not buying any shotgun named "Vinci". Way to sissy even for me. I'm not going into the field and have one of my hunting friends ask what I'm carrying and to answer him, I would have to flutter my wrist, dance around on tip toes and say in my highest voice, It's a "Vinci". Benelli is the worst company when it comes to naming different models of shotguns. Maybe in Italian "Vinci" sounds nice, but it's not for me.

And besides, unless it comes with a straight English stock, weighs under 5 pounds and fires .410 shells, I'm not interested.

I'm not buying any shotgun named "Vinci". Way to sissy even for me. I'm not going into the field and have one of my hunting friends ask what I'm carrying and to answer him, I would have to flutter my wrist, dance around on tip toes and say in my highest voice, It's a "Vinci". Benelli is the worst company when it comes to naming different models of shotguns. Maybe in Italian "Vinci" sounds nice, but it's not for me.

And besides, unless it comes with a straight English stock, weighs under 5 pounds and fires .410 shells, I'm not interested.

That seemed to stand out to me. :D

Vinci is a town and commune of Firenze province in the Italian region of Tuscany. The birthplace of Renaissance genius Leonardo da Vinci lies just outside the town.

That's why I've been teasing about it being an O/U, simply because it just sounds too... I don't know, what's the word... elegant? to be a semi-auto. Da Vinci was a painter, not a brawler...

Hey !! I only own one Citori and I call it my Quail gun. A Browning Special Field in 20 guage. I feel the need to take pokes at "Vinci" while I can because like most Benelli products, the name might sound silly but they work better than any other sgotgun I've owned or still own and that's straight out of the box.

I've owned a H+K Benelli M1 S90 in Defense Configuration since 1986, and during my LE career that shotgun has been nothing short of a star performer. I'm guessing Benelli's newest shotgun ( I forget the name but it begins with V ) will also be a great performer. If they could just do better with the names.... :o