Latest email on the Vinci:

sdkidaho

The Clock is Ticking—The Revolution Begins MARCH 31, 2009!

ACCOKEEK, MD (March 23, 2009) –– The launch of the groundbreaking Benelli Vinci is quickly approaching. Bookmark The Benelli Security Portal and watch as time races toward the much-anticipated Vinci unveiling at 12 Noon (EDST) on March 31, 2009. Details of this revolutionary shotgun remain cased, but we can assure you it’s worth the wait. The Vinci follows in the Benelli tradition of leading the field in firearms technology with extraordinary advances in gun design and function. These milestones include:

• Inertia Driven® Operating System (1967) — World’s most reliable semi-automatic operating system.

• Rotating Bolt Head (1983) — A stronger more secure steel-to-steel lock-up system for shotguns.

• Super Black Eagle (1984) — The original 3 1/2-inch Magnum semi-auto shotgun.

• Nova Pump (1998) — The first integral, steel reinforced, injection molded polymer receiver and stock.

• USMC M4 (2000) — A.R.G.O.® The choice of the U.S. Marine Corps for a semi-automatic shotgun.

• ComforTech™ (2004) — An integral system that reduces recoil and muzzle climb with no added weight.

• Crio System® (2004) — Cryogenic treatment of barrel and chokes for uniform patterns and cleaner shooting.

• Ultra Light® (2006) — World’s lightest 12-gauge (6 lbs.) and 20-gauge (5.2 lbs) semi-automatic shotguns.

“I recently watched the Vinci’s outstanding performance in the fields of Cordoba, the greatest shooting and endurance test any shotgun will ever face,” said Stephen McKelvain, Benelli's VP of Marketing & Communications. “Benelli has done it again, the Vinci is the most exciting and anticipated new product in the industry today. You don’t want to miss this epic launch, so be sure to follow the countdown at http://www.benelliusa.com/vinci/ and be there on March 31st!”

26 March 09

I got the same e-mail and I've a question. If Benelli was the first to offer a shotgun with a rotating bolt head in 1983 then how did I buy a Winchester 1400 with a rotating bolt head in 1965?

I still own and shoot that 1400 and the only difference I can see is that the bolt head on the 1400 turns clockwise when it engages the lugs in the barrel and the bolt head on my I-12, 612 and 620 turn counter clockwise.

Is this poor history or a misprinted date?

Confused DumbDuck

26 March 09

I got the same e-mail and I've a question. If Benelli was the first to offer a shotgun with a rotating bolt head in 1983 then how did I buy a Winchester 1400 with a rotating bolt head in 1965?

I still own and shoot that 1400 and the only difference I can see is that the bolt head on the 1400 turns clockwise when it engages the lugs in the barrel and the bolt head on my I-12, 612 and 620 turn counter clockwise.

Is this poor history or a misprinted date?

Confused DumbDuck

Answer: You must have been in the "Twilight Zone." If you are old enough to understand that, then you are old enough to know that "hype" has taken over our lives and reality is in the back seat. Just MHO. Quien Sabe!

All the email says is that Benelli [developed a] …

"A stronger more secure steel-to-steel lock-up system for shotguns."

Not that they invented the rotating bolt head. :rolleyes:

The Vinci follows in the Benelli tradition of leading the field in firearms technology with extraordinary advances in gun design and function. These milestones include:

• Inertia Driven® Operating System (1967) — World’s most reliable semi-automatic operating system.

Rotating Bolt Head (1983) — A stronger more secure steel-to-steel lock-up system for shotguns.

• Super Black Eagle (1984) — The original 3 1/2-inch Magnum semi-auto shotgun.

• Nova Pump (1998) — The first integral, steel reinforced, injection molded polymer receiver and stock.

• USMC M4 (2000) — A.R.G.O.® The choice of the U.S. Marine Corps for a semi-automatic shotgun.

• ComforTech™ (2004) — An integral system that reduces recoil and muzzle climb with no added weight.

• Crio System® (2004) — Cryogenic treatment of barrel and chokes for uniform patterns and cleaner shooting.

• Ultra Light® (2006) — World’s lightest 12-gauge (6 lbs.) and 20-gauge (5.2 lbs) semi-automatic shotguns.

So perhaps it wasn't something they invented but improved (in their mind) hence the wording.

I am indeed old enough to to understand hype. I just wanted to see if anyone else was.

Not As Dumb a Duck as I let on.

O.K., then you're a SMART duck!

Let's hype THAT and see how many buy into it! ...first we'll need to make a cheezy movie trailer... I see a duck wearing Einstein glasses... and we'll need a better-looking chick than the Benelli boys used... she wears glasses too but when they fall off, her chest catches them. (Get the picture?) Sky's the limit! Then when a certain pre-announced date comes, we'll just say, "Oh, we were just kidding."