Need help with M4-removing pistol grip stock.

trackstar55

I am swapping out my pistol grip stock for the skeleton stock. I have the rubber recoil pad along with the two phillips head screws removed. I then removed the stock retaining nut (053J), but I am having trouble getting the stock retaining piece out (278J).

Its like it is frozen. It did take some muscle to remove the nut and the threads were covered in that white crap. I would like to install the skeleton stock sometime this decade, but it doesnt seem to want to work.

I have tapped it with a screwdriver and nothing it jaring it loose. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the help. The search function also helped a bunch.

It was quite easy once the trigger group was removed. I was baby'in too much, but finally put some muscle into it and everything went just fine. The skeleton stock looks great.

This morning, I used a $14 heat gun from Farm&Fleet to remove the stock mag tube. It would have been impossible to remove it without that heat gun. The new one from SOCOMGUY fit on perfect and it looks great once again. Finish and fit are superb!

I am just sad that I am done modifying it. It was fun putting it together and now I am done. RATS!

Guess I will just have to shoot the **** out of it.

My came in the box, not the plastic case. It also did not come with any choke tubes, but did come with a choke tube wrench.

Are everyone else's coming this way too? My dealer told me that all the other M4 prior to the "Obamination" came in cases with different choke tubes. I pre-ordered it in November for $1,500 out the door which included taxes, shipping, and transfer. Just got it in on the 20th of this month.

Edited by trackstar55

...........My came in the box, not the plastic case. It also did not come with any choke tubes, but did come with a choke tube wrench.

Are everyone else's coming this way too? My dealer told me that all the other M4 prior to the "Obamination" came in cases with different choke tubes. I pre-ordered it in November for $1,500 out the door which included taxes, shipping, and transfer. Just got it in on the 20th of this month.

I ordered mine back in 07, it came in a box and had no chokes. However, the dealer told me they were supposed to be there, called Benelli and they were sent to my ASAP. You can see what they sent me in the lower left (nice little lidded tubes:)..............call Benelli.

M4-USE.jpg

Edited by MuNgEr

Munger I really like your case. Is it a pelican 1720? Did you cut the foam yourself?

Many Thanks!

Yes on both counts. It's the Pelican Closed Cell Polyethylene Foam (expensive but it does not absorb gun oils and cuts better IMHO). You likely already have a favorite source, but here is a link for the APP-1720GUN-2PE http://www.casesbypelican.com/app-1720.htm (closed cell is the bottom of the page).

Edited by MuNgEr

I am not fan when the oils absorb into the foam so I will look at the closed cell foam. I thought about getting the convultated egg type foam becauese I frequently change my stocks. Will that foam obsorb oil worse than the closed cell foam? It wasnt too hard to cut? Thanks again.

Edited by sneakerfreak602

.....I thought about getting the convultated egg type foam becauese I frequently change my stocks. Will that foam obsorb oil worse than the closed cell foam? ........

Closed Cell Polyethylene Foam absorbs nothing! All the others do depending on how spongey they are. The CCP foam cuts easily with even a serrated kitchen knife:) Good luck with your new project!