Ultralight unloading

RRHunter

Just purchased a new 12ga ultralight. Have not even had chance to shoot it. Trying to figure out how to unload from the magazine with out cycling them all through the chamber. In the manual it says something about pressing the cartirdge retaining lever from the front with your index finger - I can't seem to figure this out - probably something simple I am missing - but I am missing it..

While on the discussion - anyone know how to remove the gel butt pad - trying to do the drop and cast adjustment and can't get past this level.

thanks for your help - anxious to shoot the gun - but need to know couple things first.

the retaining lever is in the forward end of the lower reciever . Turn the gun upside down and press in the shell carrier. You can see the retainer just holding the lip of the next shell in the mag. Just push it outward and the shell will pop out of the mag. Repeat as many times as there are shells.

The butt pad you just grab at one end, kind of push toward the other end and pull away from the stock. There's just a semi-rigid lip holding it in there.

I dont know why exactly you would want to unload the magazine without going through the chamber but you can do it by pressing on the CRL, you just have to press hard because you are fighting the cartridge drop lever...much easier to me just to cycle them through.

I dont know what exactly to tell you about the butt pad except for the comfortech stocks you just need to pull hard because it is just fitted into a groove...maybe its the same there.

Thanks for the input - with that information I was able to remove shells from the magazine and also get the butt plate off - now just have to experiment with the drop and cast adjustments - anyone with suggestions as to how to start that process?

As for MoJocvh - I have the same issue with removing the bolt lever - since I have yet to shoot mine have only tried to remove it for inspection and could not get it off with just my hand pulling and hesitant to put any type of tool on it to try and get it off.

Thanks for the input - with that information I was able to remove shells from the magazine and also get the butt plate off - now just have to experiment with the drop and cast adjustments - anyone with suggestions as to how to start that process?

As for MoJocvh - I have the same issue with removing the bolt lever - since I have yet to shoot mine have only tried to remove it for inspection and could not get it off with just my hand pulling and hesitant to put any type of tool on it to try and get it off.

I took a pair of pliers, put a couple of strips of masking tape in them, and pulled it out. Others on this forum will tell you to use a shoe string double-wrapped around it and give it a tug. Good luck.

"could not get it off with just my hand pulling and hesitant to put any type of tool on it to try and get it off. "

Exactly my thoughts as well!!

Thanks for the information re cocking lever, sooo just how hard do you have to try to get it back in?

I ask as I am planning to use miltec 1

(yes I know another thread full of debate there at least :) )

to lubricate the weapon for the coming coastal wildfowling season and want to follow their instructions to the letter which means stripping it down a few times to say the least........

I am wondering if this difficulty in removal could be eased by pre positioning the bolt

http://www.benelli.it/Articoli/Download.asp?Type=UM "Duca Di Montefeltro"

***SEE owners manual page 80 Figure 51****

NOTE this is not mentioned on the disassembly pages why???? confusing to say the least....

MoJo

Edited by MoJocvh
Fond some more****info**** important guys

"could not get it off with just my hand pulling and hesitant to put any type of tool on it to try and get it off. "

Exactly my thoughts as well!!

Thanks for the information re cocking lever, sooo just how hard do you have to try to get it back in?

I ask as I am planning to use miltec 1

(yes I know another thread full of debate there at least :) )

to lubricate the weapon for the coming coastal wildfowling season and want to follow their instructions to the letter which means stripping it down a few times to say the least........

I am wondering if this difficulty in removal could be eased by pre positioning the bolt

http://www.benelli.it/Articoli/Download.asp?Type=UM "Duca Di Montefeltro"

***SEE owners manual page 80 Figure 51****

NOTE this is not mentioned on the disassembly pages why???? confusing to say the least....

MoJo

Bumped for info.

[quote=MoJocvh;105251Thanks for the information re cocking lever, sooo just how hard do you have to try to get it back in?

After getting it out putting it back in is really easy, its a push vs a pull motion so it seems like it takes less force.

As far as prepositioning I doubt it would help, feel free to try things out I doubt you will break anything. The handle is held in by a ball in a groove. The only way I think you could make it easier is if you replaced the spring behind the ball with a lighter one.

After getting it out putting it back in is really easy, its a push vs a pull motion so it seems like it takes less force.

As far as prepositioning I doubt it would help, feel free to try things out I doubt you will break anything. The handle is held in by a ball in a groove. The only way I think you could make it easier is if you replaced the spring behind the ball with a lighter one.

Whoa! Replace the spring (to decrease the tension) and you'll be loosing bolt handles!!! Best to deal with it the way it is. Just my 2 cts. You got it out, so you have a "grip" on things.

Whoa! Replace the spring (to decrease the tension) and you'll be loosing bolt handles!!! Best to deal with it the way it is. Just my 2 cts. You got it out, so you have a "grip" on things.

I completely agree, I didnt say he SHOULD do it, I just said he COULD do it haha. I was just going down that road because the prepositioning question made me think he was looking at ways to make it easier.

But yes dont get me wrong, I would not recommend changing springs. Its much better to have some more effort getting it out at home when cleaning than to be on a hunt look down and wow your bolt handle is gone...

I completely agree, I didnt say he SHOULD do it, I just said he COULD do it haha. I was just going down that road because the prepositioning question made me think he was looking at ways to make it easier.

But yes dont get me wrong, I would not recommend changing springs. Its much better to have some more effort getting it out at home when cleaning than to be on a hunt look down and wow your bolt handle is gone...

And that IS the case!

The confusion stems from the owners manual and previous S/A's I have owned (Xtrema) which had you pushing down the bolt 1/2 way to get the lever out.

cheers

spartina.

• 3 weeks later...