VINCI

scooot3

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys kidding me. This thing is rad. Why do you need 3.5 inch anyway. You can kill anything with a 3 inch gun plus with new ammo out there like Black Cloud you can smoke some ducks and hit them geese.

I get to shoot one today at my range. I am bringing some big loads and light stuff to see how it goes. I already have mine on order.

Put it in the safe right next to my clay killa Benelli. My only problem with it is what color should I get. I think i will role the APG color.

Peace out... CR

My first impression reminds me of when I first saw the M2. The M2 had some interesting features but wasn't as good as the M1 in key areas (milled parts in the M1 vs. plastic, durability of finish, solid feel, etc.)

Now the Vinci doesn't rock me after all that hype.

The Vinci doesn't look sharp like most Benellis. The receiver looks clunky. And that big chunk of plastic covering the receiver/trigger assembly looks flat out cheap.

I'll keep my trusty M1 for turkeys and waterfowl (tough as an M4). I'll keep my Ultra 12 Ga because it is the best pheasant repeater made. I'll keep my 20 GA M2 as a sweet handling backup for grouse and woodcock hunting.

I won't get a Vinci anytime soon. But I hope it works out for those who like the looks...

Happy shooting.

Not bad to look at but common no 3.5". You need that extra 1/2" to drop geese in the late fall when they have a good layer of down.

I think this gun was made for old farts that can't swing or take the hit from a real cannon like my SBE II. And who takes their gun to their bind in a hard case??? what good is the quick take down feature??? Why make a mid level gun your new end all to be all.:confused:

Your either a chity shot or on crack if you think you have to have that extra 1/2" to drop geese. All that extra 1/2" does is get you more cripples because people think they can shoot at em a lot higher. Keep practicing, you will get it.

You must not shoot canada's in dec. ------------ I have dropped many geese that people have shot at with 3" mag loads and were able to bring down in one shot.

You should look at some info from ammo makers on the advantages of 3 1/2" 12 ga. shells vs. 3".

Most guys I know have switched from 10 ga. to the 3 1/2 " 12 ga. due to the price of ammo. when you shoot 2 or 3 cases a year it adds up quickly.

10 ga. shotguns used to rule in the goose hunting world but many have seen that the 3 1/2" 12 ga. is so close to the proformance of the 10 ga. they gave up there SP 10's.

Please stick to your ducky shooting ---------- that's what they make 20 ga. for !!!!!!!!

All that extra 1/2" does is get you more cripples because people think they can shoot at em a lot higher.

Only stupid people think that extra pellets automatically equals extra range.

Smart people know that more pellets can mean a better pattern than can mean cleaner kills.

Smart people also know that more space in the shell allows for more larger pellets which means a better pattern of larger pellets which can have more kinetic energy downrange which can mean cleaner kills.

I know that I get 52 more H-13 pellets in my 3.5" H-13 #6 shells. 52 more pellets :)

But you knew all this I'm sure :D

Can't see any practical home defense benefits of the Vinci versus and M4.

I dont understand why you are trying to compare the two. The M4 was made for fighting, the Vinci for hunting. Appples (I know thats not how its spelled but I think we all know what happens) and oranges I say. Now I agree that marketing for this Vinci gun has been uber extensive but I dont recall anything about it being marketed as a tactical gun.

With this modular concept they have going maybe they will make a Vinci-T eventually but I guess we'll see...

Only stupid people think that extra pellets automatically equals extra range.

Smart people know that more pellets can mean a better pattern than can mean cleaner kills.

Smart people also know that more space in the shell allows for more larger pellets which means a better pattern of larger pellets which can have more kinetic energy downrange which can mean cleaner kills.

I know that I get 52 more H-13 pellets in my 3.5" H-13 #6 shells. 52 more pellets :)

But you knew all this I'm sure :D

Thats all I was trying to say, there is a definate advantage to the 3 1/3".

And I like the look of the Vinci, but why no 3 1/2" ?

Your either a chity shot or on crack if you think you have to have that extra 1/2" to drop geese. All that extra 1/2" does is get you more cripples because people think they can shoot at em a lot higher. Keep practicing, you will get it.

I guess you dont have a 3.5 then :rolleyes: