6 months, still waiting...

ncnilckjfvwr

I ordered a benelli supernova tactical (ghost ring, pistol grip) 6 months ago from my local authorized benelli gun store. I put down a deposit and every time I call them they claim that benelli is backordered and I keep getting "benelli says it'll be 30 to 60 days".. What the frak is going on here? Am I getting screwed by the store, by benelli, or what's going on? I realize that there are supply issues going on with guns and ammo at the moment, but seriously, six months? I can't think of anything I've ever bought that took six months... Is there anyone at benelli I can contact to find out what's happening?

The first mistake you made was to buy from a non-stocking dealer.

The second mistake you made was to give the non-stocking dealer a deposit, with no clearly defined deadline for delivery vs refund.

The third mistake you made was to order a gun from someone who didn't have it, when there's always someone who does have it and who is ready to sell.

Super Nova Tactical Camo - NIB

Super Nova Tactical Black - Like New

Tucker301, I am considering purchasing a couple of Benelli's. Which dealer do you recommend (you can PM) that has M4's and M2's in stock? I'm trying to place an order w/ a WS dealer. Would that make any difference in speeding up the process? Thanks.

I think Tucker301 makes some pretty good points. When ordering a gun from a dealer who does not have it in stock there should be a clear deadline for delivery or refund. Also are they a dealer who normally stocks Benelli shotguns because they would be a priorty order over a non stocking dealer. I would recommend you approach the gunstore about what options ie refund or lose deposit to try and put some pressure on them. If you can get your money back try an online service such as Gunbroker.com and use a dealer who has one in stock with good feedback.

Corbon try your local Cabela's for in stock Benelli shotguns if you have one in your area.

Gotta' find one in-stock!! I got a Benelli M2 Tactical Entry (14.5" bbl) and I'm just waiting on the form 4 to go through. Even with the first transfer from FL to AZ, and the form 4, I'll be well under 6 months. Not the same story with my Sterling MK-4, but that's a three transfer plus the build firearm. :)

If I'm not mistaken, Only the Best Firearms has a Super Nova entry in stock (not 100% on that, they definately have another M2 entry and an M4 entry, but I can't remember what the other Binelli entry was)