*NEW* Benelli Vinci

bugleboy

What were they thinking???

What a let down! :( All that hype for months and months about the MOST revolutionary, BEST waterfowl shotgun ever to be released...

ONLY 3" chambered?

It's like a Super Black Eagle II and the Super Nova combined.

What I do like. Now 72% less recoil (SBEII 48%) which is great! Just okay price, approx. $1249 retail. Cool 3 piece break down system. Sweet new case. Better Release Lever.

What are everyones thoughts?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is becoming better to look at,but i am having problems whether the gun will stay together or rattle loose after rounds of recoil.And to me with the recoil spring being in-line like that i would think that would make it kick even harder.

They put 88 THOUSAND rounds through 12 of them in Argentina. 7500 went through one gun. Not ONE failure. I think it will be fine and will not rattle loose. Metal to metal connections.

Coolest thing since sliced bread in my opinion. I think it has perfect placement. The Duck Commander uses a 3 inch and seems to not have a problem. They are not giving up the SBEII so if you want 3.5 there you go for a little more money.

It looks like they fixed the issues with the pad being too smooth and the chevron rubber pieces cracking like mine did. I think with them making the last chevron bigger and not near the comb pad will solve cracking rubber pieces by flex and the comb pad from ever popping out.

Taking the spring out of the buttstock is fantastic. Cannot wait to shoot one today at our range and take it apart. Working on this bad boy is going to be Simply Perfect.

I got mine on order, now I just need to figure out what color to buy. I am leaning towards the APG color.

Have to wait to get my hands on one, but it sure does look cool!

SCFox

Think I'll wait a while and see how all this goes with this new gun. It is eye-catching and seems to incorporate some really fresh design ideas. Hope it holds up and does well. I'll just keep shooting my Montefeltro for now.

Studebakers and Edsels looked "cool" when they came out... but where are they now? I think only time will tell on this one. (As you can tell by my analogy, I don't have that much TIME left, however!!!)

Whatever turns you on... go for it! ...and, enjoy.

Cautious Old-Timer

It has an interesting look to it, but the more I look at it, it grows on me. When my dad bought a SBE ll several years ago the trigger guard looked out of this world, my supernova that I purchased 3 years looked like anything but a pump gun compared to my ole wingmaster. Cant wait to look at one.

With the modular design it makes me wonder if they are going down the route of the Sig Sauer P250. You just change out the barrel – receiver to get a new gauge or shell length. Granted they don’t sell a whole new gun, it’s the razor, razor blade business. Gillette blades only fit in Gillette razors.

What were they thinking! My SBE II aint going anywere till I buy a Maxus, Ill save $300.00 over the Vinci

Browning gives you a Back Bored Barrel with the wonderfull Invector plus choke system softer recoil and 3.5" chambering, and i can still buy a couple cases of Hevi shot and have a few buck in my pocket when all is said and done.

Again what were they thinking building the uglyest auto ever built and charging an arm and a leg for it!

Kurt

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What were they thinking! My SBE II aint going anywere till I buy a Maxus, Ill save $300.00 over the Vinci

Browning gives you a Back Bored Barrel with the wonderfull Invector plus choke system softer recoil and 3.5" chambering, and i can still buy a couple cases of Hevi shot and have a few buck in my pocket when all is said and done.

Again what were they thinking building the uglyest auto ever built and charging an arm and a leg for it!

Kurt

Maybe the old analogy of looks bad, feels good, rings true in this case.. Can't wait to wrap my arms around one.

The more I shoot this gun the better I love it .This feeling seems to be universal from everything I have read. The more people actually use this gun the more they love it. Why?

The recoil reminds me of the 20 gauge I had as a kid but that's where the similarities end. Recoil and subsequent target acquisition is a well mannered and controlled. I’m also a huge fan of the trigger group ergonomics on this shotgun. The trigger pull is uniform, clean and consistent in a manner usually reserved for shotguns reworked at the gunsmith. Bringing this level of sophistication to a 6 pound 12 gauge shotgun is quite an accomplishment. This enables the Vinci to move from the field to the skeet range with a consistent character that will bring a smile to your face. The fit and finish on the gun is superb and it cycles everything I’ve thrown at it without a jam or complaint. I can take down this gun in 10 seconds and it is the easiest gun to clean that I have ever owned so clean-up is a breeze. This shotgun is the end-product of innovative engineering and quality manufacturing and while some moan loudly about the price tag, you get what you pay for.

Simplicity in design yet elegant between the hands, this shotgun snaps to the shoulder like a lifelong companion. I was stunned to read all the negative comments about the way the gun looks! I never knew there were so many fashion divas out there shooting shotguns! Interestingly, all the negative comments I’ve read about the gun come from people who have never actually seen one, held one or fired it – That’s telling!

I’ve gone through well over a couple dozen boxes of shells now and haven’t had any problems whatsoever. The Vinci is a constant performer.

Beyond all this, I love the Vinci because it’s a joy to shoot – And isn’t that what it’s all about?