*NEW* Benelli Vinci

bugleboy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats benelli.ill stick with my al-48, and my charles daly for under 300$.

Why are you posting this on a benelli website? Charles daly sucks my old semi daly would never cycle anything under and including 1.5 oz. 3.5 dram right, it jammed like crazy and the peice of sh*t plastic trigger gaurd assembly broke way to easy.

I guess I have bad taste but the vinci doesnt look very good. Benelli said the vinci is a revolution in shotgun technology, what is so revolutionary about it? Why shouldnt I get an M2? Dont get me wrong I think the vinci is a good shotgun but I dont think it lives up to its hype.

my vinci kicks less than my 20 guage remington 870 express I still havent gotten shooting it down completely but as soon as i do it will be amazing i can smoke the targets with a modified choke in my vinci now its just finding that shoulder spot i found out if i take too much time finding a spot i get it in the wrong spot so the faster i go the better my highest score with my vinci is a 23 with my 40 year old 870 wingmaster field model I can hit 25s I got a 50 straight at a competition in trap last week with my 870 but ill be just as good or better with my vinci plus my vinci has less muzzle jump then the ported trap guns so im happy

my vinci kicks less than my 20 guage remington 870 express I still havent gotten shooting it down completely but as soon as i do it will be amazing i can smoke the targets with a modified choke in my vinci now its just finding that shoulder spot i found out if i take too much time finding a spot i get it in the wrong spot so the faster i go the better my highest score with my vinci is a 23 with my 40 year old 870 wingmaster field model I can hit 25s I got a 50 straight at a competition in trap last week with my 870 but ill be just as good or better with my vinci plus my vinci has less muzzle jump then the ported trap guns so im happy

Really? you still havent gotten used to it? I thought your record was 350 strait? What is being used to it 1,000,000,000,000 strait? I can smoke skeet with a mod choke to. I also remeber you saying the vinci had perfect balance for trap. An O/U has the perfect balance for trap because it has heavier barrels which makes it swing smoothly instead of quickly.

How do you know this?

It's the vinci of course it has less muzzle jump than a ported trap gun its a revolution in shotgun technology! I mean sure a non ported gun weighing under 7 pounds, and balanced heavier in the back end would jump far less than an O/U trap gun that ways 9 pounds and kicks from the bottom barrel (first shot) an inch lower almost in line with the shoulder! The Vinci will be the new trap gun of choice!

All sarcasm aside I think the Vinci is a good 3" waterfowl gun but it is just to light to be as good at trap as a trap gun. It needs more weight on the front end to swing as smoothly as a trap gun. Any semi auto or any hunting semi auto for that matter takes a higher risk of not going bang twice than an O/U trap gun.

Why are you posting this on a benelli website? Charles daly sucks my old semi daly would never cycle anything under and including 1.5 oz. 3.5 dram right, it jammed like crazy and the peice of sh*t plastic trigger gaurd assembly broke way to easy.

I guess I have bad taste but the vinci doesnt look very good. Benelli said the vinci is a revolution in shotgun technology, what is so revolutionary about it? Why shouldnt I get an M2? Dont get me wrong I think the vinci is a good shotgun but I dont think it lives up to its hype.

First, let me say that I am in love with the looks of the Vinci. All of the comments I’ve received on the looks are positive. People see it in the gunrack and always walk over to it to get a better look. When I say it’s ok for them to pick it up, the always flash a smile when they shoulder it and then the positive comments start, mostly centering on how unbelievably light it is and how good it feels. Wow.. is generally the term used. I’ve never heard anything but glowing remarks on the gun’s looks. Most say it’s just plain wicked looking.

I agree.

And I also agree it takes more than “Wow” to make a gun revolutionary. For me, the revolutionary part about this gun is the ergonomics, the light weight, light recoil and the way this gun shoots. It’s the whole package, not just one or two features about the gun. Case-in-point: Last weekend I shot 11 rounds of skeet and dropped over 300 rounds through my Vinci and my shoulder wasn’t even tender Monday. Try doing that with your 12 gauge over-under!! Go ahead- I dare ya!

I also like the balance and weight of this gun. Being as light as it is, you can spend the weekend in the field or on the skeet range with very little fatigue. It does take a bit of getting use to cause it swings so easy. Notwithstanding the fact that I can also break the gun down into 3 modules in 10 seconds or reassemble it almost as quickly. Does all of this qualify as revolutionary?

Who cares!!

Add it all up and you have a super light, versatile, dependable shotgun with a well mannered character that is just plain fun to shoot! Instead of focusing on the Benelli hype why don’t you take a deep breath and actually pull a Vinci to the shoulder and get out in the field or break a few clays with it.

You might have a little fun and that just may be revolutionary.

-Clayman

First, let me say that I am in love with the looks of the Vinci. All of the comments I’ve received on the looks are positive. People see it in the gunrack and always walk over to it to get a better look. When I say it’s ok for them to pick it up, the always flash a smile when they shoulder it and then the positive comments start, mostly centering on how unbelievably light it is and how good it feels. Wow.. is generally the term used. I’ve never heard anything but glowing remarks on the gun’s looks. Most say it’s just plain wicked looking.

I agree.

And I also agree it takes more than “Wow” to make a gun revolutionary. For me, the revolutionary part about this gun is the ergonomics, the light weight, light recoil and the way this gun shoots. It’s the whole package, not just one or two features about the gun. Case-in-point: Last weekend I shot 11 rounds of skeet and dropped over 300 rounds through my Vinci and my shoulder wasn’t even tender Monday. Try doing that with your 12 gauge over-under!! Go ahead- I dare ya!

I also like the balance and weight of this gun. Being as light as it is, you can spend the weekend in the field or on the skeet range with very little fatigue. It does take a bit of getting use to cause it swings so easy. Notwithstanding the fact that I can also break the gun down into 3 modules in 10 seconds or reassemble it almost as quickly. Does all of this qualify as revolutionary?

Who cares!!

Add it all up and you have a super light, versatile, dependable shotgun with a well mannered character that is just plain fun to shoot! Instead of focusing on the Benelli hype why don’t you take a deep breath and actually pull a Vinci to the shoulder and get out in the field or break a few clays with it.

You might have a little fun and that just may be revolutionary.

-Clayman

FYI I have shouldered a vinci in real life. I have shot 300 trap loads through my super nova without my shoulder getting sore. I can take the barrel of any of my shotguns in 10 seconds and put it in my break down case and its probably a few inches longer than the vinci. I think the vinci is a great gun but not that revolutionary. Its got pretty much the same inertia driven system. To me it just seems like a light weight inertia driven shotgun.

Really? you still havent gotten used to it? I thought your record was 350 strait? What is being used to it 1,000,000,000,000 strait? I can smoke skeet with a mod choke to. I also remeber you saying the vinci had perfect balance for trap. An O/U has the perfect balance for trap because it has heavier barrels which makes it swing smoothly instead of quickly.

that was with my wingmaster I wasnt sopposed to shoot the vinci till after season so i tried it a few times 3 weeks ago and just this week i started on the vinci and o/u dont neccasarily have perfect balance i like the lighter guns for me and it swings much better than my friends perrazzi

How do you know this?

we tested it with my friends browning XT ported and my friends perrazzi ported and the vinci muzzle jump was less thats just a redneck way of testing but it worked we used a phone camera with slo-mo thats only two guns but its who was there so of course thats not for sure we were all using the same 2 and 3 quarter inch shells

Case-in-point: Last weekend I shot 11 rounds of skeet and dropped over 300 rounds through my Vinci and my shoulder wasn’t even tender Monday. Try doing that with your 12 gauge over-under!! Go ahead- I dare ya!

Not remarkable. I do that in one day at any ATA shoot I go to with my O/U. 100 singles, 100 handicap, 50 pair doubles.

If a gun fits you, it won't punish you.

Not remarkable. I do that in one day at any ATA shoot I go to with my O/U. 100 singles, 100 handicap, 50 pair doubles.

how much was that recoil system you put on it though im kidding I couldnt resist i know a kid who is 12 and wanted to shoot his dads perrazi and came back crying couse it hurt his arm me and my friend havent let him live it down he cries when he misses more than 5 too:o

FYI I have shouldered a vinci in real life. I have shot 300 trap loads through my super nova without my shoulder getting sore. I can take the barrel of any of my shotguns in 10 seconds and put it in my break down case and its probably a few inches longer than the vinci. I think the vinci is a great gun but not that revolutionary. Its got pretty much the same inertia driven system. To me it just seems like a light weight inertia driven shotgun.

The Vinci might not be your cup of tea, but then the vast majority of people can’t do the things you claim to do! I also think you’re wrong on a couple of points. First, I think you’re wrong about the inertia system in the Vinci as it doesn’t resemble the inertia system in any other gun. Moreover, your comparisons of the Vinci and the M2 couldn’t be more non sequitur. Beyond this, you’ve maintain the Vinci isn’t revolutionary . You’ve repeated this so many times, I’m sure everyone is wondering exactly what your vision of ‘revolutionary’ is. Frankly, I don’t think you know what the word means. To save you some time, let me tell you the definition of the word you bandy about so frequently with denial.

Revolutionary: Markedly new or introducing radical change

From it’s modular components to it’s inertia cycling system there isn’t another shotgun on the planet that resembles the Vinci. That’s a far cry from the over-under and gas operated autos flooding the market. The truth is that the Vinci is, by definition, revolutionary. It’s markedly new, different and the module component introduces a radical change in the market design for shotguns. Now, you may not like the hype, or the looks or anything else about the gun and that’s ok by me. But to parrot the same old rhetoric found elsewhere on the internet is sorely telling.

So now we’re curious! If the Vinci isn’t markedly new and doesn’t introduce a radical change, exactly what would it take in your book to produce a revolutionary shotgun?:)

-Clayman

You missed my point. If you're shooting in a competition, you probably do this quite frequently. If you took someone who doesn't shoot regularly and they fed 300 rounds through an 12 gauge over/under do you think their shoulder would be sore?

You know it would be!

Not so much with the Vinci and that's my point.

And that is remarkable.:)

-Clayman

The Vinci might not be your cup of tea, but then the vast majority of people can’t do the things you claim to do! I also think you’re wrong on a couple of points. First, I think you’re wrong about the inertia system in the Vinci as it doesn’t resemble the inertia system in any other gun. Moreover, your comparisons of the Vinci and the M2 couldn’t be more non sequitur. Beyond this, you’ve maintain the Vinci isn’t revolutionary . You’ve repeated this so many times, I’m sure everyone is wondering exactly what your vision of ‘revolutionary’ is. Frankly, I don’t think you know what the word means. To save you some time, let me tell you the definition of the word you bandy about so frequently with denial.

Revolutionary: Markedly new or introducing radical change

From it’s modular components to it’s inertia cycling system there isn’t another shotgun on the planet that resembles the Vinci. That’s a far cry from the over-under and gas operated autos flooding the market. The truth is that the Vinci is, by definition, revolutionary. It’s markedly new, different and the module component introduces a radical change in the market design for shotguns. Now, you may not like the hype, or the looks or anything else about the gun and that’s ok by me. But to parrot the same old rhetoric found elsewhere on the internet is sorely telling.

So now we’re curious! If the Vinci isn’t markedly new and doesn’t introduce a radical change, exactly what would it take in your book to produce a revolutionary shotgun?:)

-Clayman

I claimed I can shoot 300 trap loads without my shoulder getting sore most people on my trap team can shoot 300 trap loads no pain to. I also claimed I can unscrew a cap and pull a barrel of in 10 seconds try it it isnt very hard. I know what revolutionary means or I wouldnt use that word. I don't think it is a "far cry" from other ID system benellis. It kicks lighter and cycles a tiny bit faster than a gun that already cycles faster than you can pull the trigger. It is also light weight, ok they reduced the capacity and made it 3 inch and whatever else to save weight. The M2 and vinci are very similar. They are 2 similar priced 3" benelli hunting shotguns. No doubt its new but not revolutionary to me. Maybe it is revolutionary to you. This is what it would take in my book to make a revolutionary shotgun:

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/products/technology-overview.html

The M2 and vinci are very similar. They are 2 similar priced 3" benelli hunting shotguns. No doubt its new but not revolutionary to me. Maybe it is revolutionary to you. This is what it would take in my book to make a revolutionary shotgun:

http://www.kriss-tdi.com/products/technology-overview.html

Trap –

First, I’d like to thank you for the link to your “revolutionary” shotgun.

You’re not really serious, are you?

Let’s look under the hood!

The below verbiage is pasted directly from the link you supplied! It’s actually pretty funny! And you objected to the Benelli hype!?!! Get a load of this!

Note: these guys claim to be making “the first major breakthrough in weapons operating systems in more than 120 years, yet they can’t spell “competitive” correctly on their website!!! Be that as it may, let’s look at the KRISS mystery shotgun and Vinci’s recoil and muzzle lift claims and compare!

The KRISS

“the KRISS Super V System, will reduce felt recoil and barrel elevation by as much as 50% over competitve gas or mechanically-operated auto-loaders and will be the fastest-cycling and lightest weapon in its class.”

The Vinci

To accomplish this Benelli developed the ComfortTech™ Plus system, which decreases muzzle climb by 14- to 42-percent and quickens recovery time to let you get back on target 40- to 68-percent faster than the competition… In recent lab tests, the competition had up to 72-percent more felt recoil than the Vinci.”

If the KRISS and Benelli websites are correct, the KRISS is more like the M-2 than the Vinci as the M-2 has “A new stock system that reduces felt recoil by as much as 48% over the competition”. (48% is closer to 50%)

So Trap – Now I’m confused.

First you say the Vinci isn’t “revolutionary” because it’s like an M-2 – Though lab test show the Vinci has 72% less recoil than the competition while providing up to 42% less muzzle rise. Yet the KRISS SUPER SYSTEM – The self proclaimed first breakthrough in over 120 years, yields reduced recoil and barrel elevation up to 50%? When I went to school 72% was less recoil than “up to 50%”? But the almighty KRISS is revolutionary… ??

Sure it is. Whatever it is that you rednecks are smoking, you need to start sharing it.

Lastly, the website says: “please stay tuned to this site and look for the introduction of the KRISS MVS 12ga. at the 2008 ShotShow in Las Vegas..” I hate to break this to you, but it’s almost July of 2009 and no KRISS shotgun but the Vinci is available today and has better specs! I guess creating a shotgun with 50% less felt recoil isn’t as revolutionary or easy as misspelling the word “competitive” on the website.

Here’s my point. All the self proclaimed expert bloggers that have ripped the Vinci do it on a purely emotional response. They have never fired a Vinci, taken it into a field or a range and use it. When pressed, their arguments evaporate into a diva centric void of illogical emotion. If I didn’t know better, I’d swear you’re my wife and she had been penning your diatribe!

Be that as it may, whenever KRISS comes of age I hope Trap and KRISS have many faithful years together.

Let the Revolution Begin!

-Clayman

Ok first I like the nick name you gave me so I will call you clay. Clay - manufacturer BS is everywhere. I already set this strait with ShadowShooter. "Your not supposed to use chokes tighter than full with flite control wads" proved it wrong tested it, "you aren't supposed to fire a slug through a full choke" seen it, done it, nothing happened. Just like air soft guns that shoot 150 fps and say they shoot 300. Clay - The KRISS moves the bolt back and down and has a very different design. The new ID system is still mechanical and moves strait back. The "new" ID system is fairly similar to the "old" ID system, the KRISS is almost completely different from the standard gas autos. Clay - you cant look at different manufacturers claims and expect them to be true. The "competition" benelli tested was probably a cheap pump.

Whatever it is that you rednecks are smoking, you need to start sharing it.
I meant farmer rednecks that drive ton trucks not white trash rednecks that drive 20 year old cars with a donut for a back tire and red tape tail light repair and spend money the dont have on marijuana (Although I love wakky tobaccy;)) Clay - Just because they lied about when it will be introduced and cant spell "competitive" doesn't make it less revolutionary. I probably wont be able to afford it like I cant afford a new vinci. Sounds like you love your vinci more than your wife so may Clay and Leonardo have many faithful years together. Lets quit aguing over our opinions of "revolutionary"

Trap –

For the record, I don’t agree with most of what you said, but I need for you to know that I have read a lot of your posts here and find value in them. Moreover, I want you to know that while we aren’t going to agree on everything – Know that You have my respect and I value your contributions here!

Also –Your parting shot made me laugh, but I don’t swing that way! Beyond that thank you for kindness and indulging me. You’re a sportsman, a gentlemen and have the patience of a saint.

Here's to you getting your limit in a minute!

-Clay

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cipgex

I have the SBE II and I really like it. No complaints at all. I would go with the Benelli SBE II over the Vinci or the extrema. Vinci only shoots 3 and extrema feels like a 2x4.

Do the new Extrema 's still shoot to the left as did the old ones I believe?

Don't remind me. I had one of those left shooting Xtrema1's. I had a very bad experience with that gun and Beretta Service or shall we say lack of it. To make a long story short I got rid of the gun. I haven't considered buying any Beretta product since.

My SBEII shoots dead on and is a pleasure to hunt with.

I must say that I've handled the Vinci but am not impressed with it. With all the hype given to this gun I was expecting alot more than I've seen and I am disappointed. I for one will stay with my SBEII.