*NEW* Benelli Vinci

bugleboy

Don't remind me. I had one of those left shooting Xtrema1's. I had a very bad experience with that gun and Beretta Service or shall we say lack of it. To make a long story short I got rid of the gun. I haven't considered buying any Beretta product since.

My SBEII shoots dead on and is a pleasure to hunt with.

I must say that I've handled the Vinci but am not impressed with it. With all the hype given to this gun I was expecting alot more than I've seen and I am disappointed. I for one will stay with my SBEII.

+1 I will stick with my M2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot my friends vinci just the other day and here are my thoughts on it: I like the way it looks; however I wish I could say I enjoyed shooting it I found the trigger pull to be a little tight for my liking, also I think it actually kicked harder then my sbeII, plus the safety was extremely awkward to me, and I didnt like the fore end egronomics. This is just my opinion but ill stick with my sbeII for now.

I shot my friends vinci just the other day and here are my thoughts on it: I like the way it looks; however I wish I could say I enjoyed shooting it I found the trigger pull to be a little tight for my liking, also I think it actually kicked harder then my sbeII, plus the safety was extremely awkward to me, and I didnt like the fore end egronomics. This is just my opinion but ill stick with my sbeII for now.

it kicked more than your sbe2??? is it a 20guage? couse my vinci doesn't kick the trigger pull was made like that couse its a rifles trigger mine loosend up after allitle oil. that you think it kicked more is kinda funny couse ive shot them both and i own the vinci and the sbe has a slight kick, but the vinci has none.

it kicked more than your sbe2??? is it a 20guage? couse my vinci doesn't kick the trigger pull was made like that couse its a rifles trigger mine loosend up after allitle oil. that you think it kicked more is kinda funny couse ive shot them both and i own the vinci and the sbe has a slight kick, but the vinci has none.

Im not saying it kicked really hard, im just saying it felt to me as if kicked a little more than my sbe2; but this could be because all of the recoil is straight back on the vinci, whereas my sbe2 has slightly more muzzle jump and the kick isn't as straight back. However I'm no gun expert im just goin on feel here.

yeah exactly the recoil is goin straight back but thats why the cheverons are bigger and they added the new butt pad and cheek comb i dont feel any kick at all

The gun has to kick to operate, Inertia driven is a way to say recoil driven, after shooting several 3" through my M2 I got used to the recoil, and I didn't pay attention to it, I guess I could say there is no recognized recoil but if I think about it there is felt recoil. I didn't know the comb was new, I thought is was the same as the normal comfortech.

A rifle's trigger pull is preferably light, not stiff. The Vinci has kick. Inertia driven means recoil driven, recoil means kick. The Vinci HAS TO KICK TO OPERATE. If there were no recoil it wouldn't cycle. There may be little recoil, but it is there, it has to be.

A rifle's trigger pull is preferably light, not stiff. The Vinci has kick. Inertia driven means recoil driven, recoil means kick. The Vinci HAS TO KICK TO OPERATE. If there were no recoil it wouldn't cycle. There may be little recoil, but it is there, it has to be.

... i don't feel squat it dont kick my shoulder its driven into the cheverons and the new butt pad and eliminating recoil i honestly cant feel a thing. like the berreta extrema2 with kickoff it doesent kick either i just dont like it i like benelli period

... i don't feel squat it dont kick my shoulder its driven into the cheverons and the new butt pad and eliminating recoil i honestly cant feel a thing. like the berreta extrema2 with kickoff it doesent kick either i just dont like it i like benelli period

I haven't got to shoot one yet, just throwing that out there, hopefully I will have the chance tomorow. I will tell you what I think tomorow. The comfortech can spread the recoil out over time and distance, but enough time and distance to eliminate felt recoil, and it would probably have alot of muzzle jump, or the stock would wear out pre-maturely.

Finally got to shoot the thing! Ok here is what I thought: recoil is about the same as an 1100 which is heavier and gas operated. I like the in-line ID system, because you don't have to take apart that awe full recoil tube to give it a complete cleaning. It had a funny feel to me, not particularly good, not particularly bad, just funny. Didn't seem any lighter than my M2, although it is supposed to be. I still hated the looks. I hope they put the In-line ID system in the next generation of Benellis.

Finally got to shoot the thing! Ok here is what I thought: recoil is about the same as an 1100 which is heavier and gas operated. I like the in-line ID system, because you don't have to take apart that awe full recoil tube to give it a complete cleaning. It had a funny feel to me, not particularly good, not particularly bad, just funny. Didn't seem any lighter than my M2, although it is supposed to be. I still hated the looks. I hope they put the In-line ID system in the next generation of Benellis.

im glad you got to shoot it again i feel no recoil at all out of mine and after about a week it feels more comfortable than any gun out there it just takes time and i love the new saftey location now i didnt at first but i d now, how does whoever owns the gun like it?

I love it!! Everytime i shoulder i don't even have to think about it and it shoulders perfectly. I put an easy-hit bead on it and i like that alot...i guess the only thing that i haven't found to be perfect about the gun i that it doesnt shoot 3.5. This isn't a big deal cause i have never hunted with 3.5's but i think what they will do is just make a barrel reciever that is chambered to 3.5 so you can just screw that on. All in all though i am extremely happy with my purchase...i was a little hessitant at first but after shooting hundreds of rounds through it i couldnt be happier

This isn't a big deal cause i have never hunted with 3.5's but i think what they will do is just make a barrel reciever that is chambered to 3.5 so you can just screw that on.

Don't count on it. Even if they came out with one, it will be a year or more before to can get it.

im glad you got to shoot it again i feel no recoil at all out of mine and after about a week it feels more comfortable than any gun out there it just takes time and i love the new saftey location now i didnt at first but i d now, how does whoever owns the gun like it?

He thinks it is a 3 piece version of God in a cool case.

• 2 weeks later...
my point exactly someone gets it:D im kidding but its a great gun fast,shoots were you point it, light, cool case, i like the looks, and its practically impossible to break

I messed around with several Vinci's at Sportman's Warehouse Monday.

My god, I've never seen a cooler shotgun - I must have one or two :D

Easy to take down and reassemble. Fits me perfectly. Points well. I loved it.

2009 is going to be the year of the Maxus for me, but once my local dealer gets a Benelli issue resolved, the next gun is a Vinci for sure. I've got a gun safe packed with Benellis and Brownings, but I'm sure I can find room for the Vinci.

The sales rep at SW, a good friend of mine, said the 3.5" version was due out next summer. That makes 3 different shop people who have told me this in just the past week.

I'm getting some real field reports from some pretty serious shooters who have actually shot the gun, several of them have put 1000's of rounds through the Vinci already, and all the reports I'm getting are very positive.

If you don't like the looks of it, fine, don't buy one. But man, I love it and will soon be on the Vinci horse!!!!