LH SBEII in Max4 Camo?

cdogg44

I stopped by a Benelli dealer today and tried out a SBEII vs. SBE. Honestly the II felt a lot better than the SBE to me, and there really was hardly any price difference.

So now I'm set on getting a Left Handed Super Black Eagle II in the Max4 camo and either a 24" or 26" barrel (no 28" for sure).

Of course they were out of stock (and were still waiting on an order from December!). So I called around to several dealers, and got the same story.

Two questions:

1. Is a LH version of the SBE II even available in the Max4 camo? The first dealer didn't seem to think that it was.

2. Anyone know of a dealer with one of these in stock? What about a large dealer with a lot of stock that I could call?

Thanks

The only way you can get a SBE II Left hand, Max 4 Camo, is with a 28 in barrel.

I must have e-mailed 25-30 gun shops with no luck.

I got it from:

Great Guns in Kearney Mo.

Phone# 816-628-6431

They had 3 LEFT HAND SBE II's max 4 camo 28" barrel

1300.00 plus 25.00 to ship to my ffl

they were great folks to deal with, i had my gun in 3 days.

[ 11-01-2004, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Tommy T. ]

Originally posted by mudhen:

Good info!

Benelli Stock # 101116 Max 4 28" bbl SBE II is the only LH offering in Max 4 for the SBE II.

I shoot 2 SBE's in 26" bbl, I have shot the 28" bbl, no big difference.

mudhen - CA

Please somebody chime in and tell me that they own a LH SBEII in Max4 with either a 24" or 26" barrel! It figures that the gun I want (LH SBEII 26" in Max4) isn't even made...and better still, that the 28" model is probably the rarest of them all.

Can somebody confirm the 28" only in LH Max4? Half the dealers told me they make all three lengths, and the others had no idea.

Originally posted by cdogg44:

quote:

Good info!

Benelli Stock # 101116 Max 4 28" bbl SBE II is the only LH offering in Max 4 for the SBE II.

mudhen - CA

Please somebody chime in and tell me that they own a LH SBEII in Max4 with either a 24" or 26" barrel! It figures that the gun I want (LH SBEII 26" in Max4) isn't even made...and better still, that the 28" model is probably the rarest of them all.

Can somebody confirm the 28" only in LH Max4? Half the dealers told me they make all three lengths, and the others had no idea. Look on Benelli's website and see for yourself, mudhen gave you the stock #,

Half the dealers don't know what they are talking about!

There is a Left hand section on Benelli's site that will show you what they offer on the LH Guns.

THE LH MAX4 ONLY COMES with a 28" BARREL

[ 11-01-2004, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Tommy T. ]

Originally posted by Tommy T.:

quote:
Originally posted by cdogg44:

quote:

Good info!

mudhen - CA

Can somebody confirm the 28" only in LH Max4? Half the dealers told me they make all three lengths, and the others had no idea. Look on Benelli's website and see for yourself, mudhen gave you the stock #,

Half the dealers don't know what they are talking about!

There is a Left hand section on Benelli's site that will show you what they offer on the LH Guns.

THE LH MAX4 ONLY COMES with a 28" BARREL Thanks for the info guys. I posted my last response after hearing conflicting reports about a 26" LH SBEII in Max4. I guess somehow I missed the "Click here for specifications" link on Benelli's website, but now agree that a 26 incher isn't going to be found the way I want it.

However, during my massive statewide phone search (of which every dealer "thought" they made a LH SBEII in Max4 in 26") I did find a LH SBEII in Advantage Timber with a 26" barrel on sale for a very good deal...and decided to compromise, trading length for camo pattern. For the money though (and the location, not very far away), I'm thrilled.

So, be warned, I'll probably have some really stupid questions come tomorrow once I enter the world of Benelli shotguns. I'm looking forward to it.

Anything I need to talk to the dealer about before I leave with it (butt pad, springs...)?

Also, any special way to "break in" a Benelli? Just take it out and shoot stuff?

Thanks again.

cdogg44,

My SBE II came with:

* 1 Plastic Breakdown Case

* 5 Cryo Choke Choke Tubes

* 4 Choke Tube Plastic Holders

* 1 Choke Wrench

* 1 Drop Change Kit (Drop & Cast Adjustment)

* 1 50ml Benelli Gun Oil

* 1 Use/Maintenace Manual

* 1 Spare Parts List Manual

* 1 Warranty Registration Card

Make sure that all five choke tubes are different.

Full----------------- - 1 Notch or * on the side.

Improved Modified - 2 Notches or ** on the side.

Modified----------- - 3 Notches or *** on the side.

Improved Cylinder - 4 Notches or **** on the side.

Cylinder----------- - 5 Notches or ***** on the side.

Check that your choke wrench will fit all the chokes. If not, you can try other choke tube wrenches or contact Benelli and they will send you a different type of choke tube wrench.

I like to breakdown the gun, clean it and re-oil the gun. I like to remove the heavy oil/grease that is on the gun from the manufacture to protect it from rust during shipping and storage at the gun dealer's store.

I broke-in my SBEII with 100 rounds of the Winchester Supreme High Velocity Turkey Loads. I shot 50 rounds of the 3" (Max Dr. Eq. 2 oz.) and 50 rounds of 3.5" (Max Dr. Eq. 2 1/4 oz.) rounds. This will take the stiffness out of the recoil spring.

Of course, my shoulder could only take 40 rounds during a shooting session. So I shot 20 rounds each of the 3" and 3.5" shells.

Check if the gel pad seems too easy to remove.

If the trigger safety is too stiff, you can contact Benelli to have the trigger safety spring replaced. Benelli will have you send the trigger assembly to them to replace the trigger safety spring.

Regards threeshot

Originally posted by threeshot:

cdogg44,

My SBE II came with:

* 1 Plastic Breakdown Case

* 5 Cryo Choke Choke Tubes

* 4 Choke Tube Plastic Holders

* 1 Choke Wrench

* 1 Drop Change Kit (Drop & Cast Adjustment)

* 1 50ml Benelli Gun Oil

* 1 Use/Maintenace Manual

* 1 Spare Parts List Manual

* 1 Warranty Registration Card

Make sure that all five choke tubes are different.

Full----------------- - 1 Notch or * on the side.

Improved Modified - 2 Notches or ** on the side.

Modified----------- - 3 Notches or *** on the side.

Improved Cylinder - 4 Notches or **** on the side.

Cylinder----------- - 5 Notches or ***** on the side.

Check that your choke wrench will fit all the chokes. If not, you can try other choke tube wrenches or contact Benelli and they will send you a different type of choke tube wrench.

I like to breakdown the gun, clean it and re-oil the gun. I like to remove the heavy oil/grease that is on the gun from the manufacture to protect it from rust during shipping and storage at the gun dealer's store.

I broke-in my SBEII with 100 rounds of the Winchester Supreme High Velocity Turkey Loads. I shot 50 rounds of the 3" (Max Dr. Eq. 2 oz.) and 50 rounds of 3.5" (Max Dr. Eq. 2 1/4 oz.) rounds. This will take the stiffness out of the recoil spring.

Of course, my shoulder could only take 40 rounds during a shooting session. So I shot 20 rounds each of the 3" and 3.5" shells.

Check if the gel pad seems too easy to remove.

If the trigger safety is too stiff, you can contact Benelli to have the trigger safety spring replaced. Benelli will have you send the trigger assembly to them to replace the trigger safety spring.

Regards threeshot

That all seems like really good information. Thanks threeshot.

If this board does it, somebody might consider making that a sticky post for new SBEII buyers.

• 5 weeks later...