cooked duckie?????

colby caughron

hey guys just thought i would get some of your ideas on how to prepare duck? i hunt with my dad and brother and needless to say neither one of these two jokers eat duck. i am the only one and i get stuck with all the kills from the season. i end up giving alot of it away to friends and family but i thought if i found out a few more ways to cook it they might start eating it!!!! so if you got any ideas let me know!!!!??? thanks

Recipe ingredients: Four Goose breast fillets

Two medium onions

One can whole-berry cranberry sauce

12 ounce can of orange juice concentrate

Two tablespoons of mint jelly

Rosemary

One pound mushrooms

7 ounces sun dried tomatoes in olive oil

One can chicken broth

Two garlic cloves

1/2 head of fennel

Two cups red wine

Cooking instructions: 1. Cut goose fillets into one inch medallions

2. Sauté two cut up medium onions and chopped garlic cloves in olive

oil.

3. Cut up 1/2 head of fennel.

4. Combine all ingredients and cook on stove top in a covered pot for

2 1/2 hours.

This recipe is excellent for all game including goose, duck, and pheasant

and venison.

ya i do them alot on the grill ...love them wrapped in bacon w/ some jap. peppers. i also fry them alot sliced thin and pounded flat kinda like chicken fried steaks w/ wht gravy! keep them coming guys it would be nice to do something different that my people will eat. i mean my brother and dad will pick up a deer of the road and eat it but wont eat a duck to save there lives!!

ya i do them alot on the grill ...love them wrapped in bacon w/ some jap. peppers. i also fry them alot sliced thin and pounded flat kinda like chicken fried steaks w/ wht gravy! keep them coming guys it would be nice to do something different that my people will eat. i mean my brother and dad will pick up a deer of the road and eat it but wont eat a duck to save there lives!!

Yep, highway backstrap is one of my favorites too :D

I really only have time to eat duck one way, breasted out, grilled for maybe 1-2 minutes on each side, and eaten while still quacking.

I'll dip in any decent BBQ sauce, or my favorite - a Texas dipping sauce in the squirt bottle.

I can eat lots of ducks this way, which is a good thing!

Take duck breasts marinate in Dale's/Italian dressing for 4-6 hours, split them down the middle then stuff with Jalapeños and creme cheese, wrap with an A P P L E bacon and put on the grill. Cook until medium/medium rare.

why in the world is A P P L E-on the censored list?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i dont like duck grilled or rare like my grandpa and my dad do but the best way to get someone to eat duck is jerky sticks you take atleast 20 lbs of duck and go to a place that can make jerky out of it they usually want to add pork or beef to it for flavor and let them it comes out soo good i promise you they will eat it and it last almost forever if you freeze it and you can fool them that its not duck and tell them after they like it

i dont like duck grilled or rare like my grandpa and my dad do but the best way to get someone to eat duck is jerky sticks you take atleast 20 lbs of duck and go to a place that can make jerky out of it they usually want to add pork or beef to it for flavor and let them it comes out soo good i promise you they will eat it and it last almost forever if you freeze it and you can fool them that its not duck and tell them after they like it
oh ya we do the jerky thing alot...mostly with deer though. this year on suggestion from my girlfriend did up some duck jerky and it was fantastic!! we didnt mix it up with any other kind of meat just cut it up thin and let it soak in a host of differnt things. thry this one guys its good eats!

oh ya we do the jerky thing alot...mostly with deer though. this year on suggestion from my girlfriend did up some duck jerky and it was fantastic!! we didnt mix it up with any other kind of meat just cut it up thin and let it soak in a host of differnt things. thry this one guys its good eats!
my dad wanted to try like you did without mixing in any other meat we just did it with the other meat so my mom and my grandma would eat it