blackcloud vs fasteel

deerhunter11

I've used both shells for the past 3 years on Ducks and geese and my choice would have to be Kents FastSteel..you don't have to change chokes while useing Kents Faststeel...with the B/c its not recommended to use wad stripping chokes with this ammo and i use Kicks chokes alot, but have to change the choke when i switch to Blackcloud to my Brileys chokes....But Black cloud does put out tighter patterns just don't shoot anything closer then 20 yards you'll be picking out wadding in the bird...Honkers41:D

i cant honestly say that black cloud is worth the extra money... Even though i did buy a box or two and it did seem to put the birds down at about 70yrds a lot better:eek: (granted i dont usually shoot that high, but when the birds arnt working they just arnt working) I shoot kent 3" #2's the most!

i shoot rem nitro steel almost exclusively. i thought about trying the blackcloud but the difference in price is crazy. i dont know if the performance could be all that much better to justify the difference in cost. may be if they cleaned the feathers off the birds too i might spring for a box and try them out!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Over here in nz i shoot fast steel , over half the price compared to that bc stuff. Fast steel seems to have more grunt than most of the shells we get over here. Its our duckshooting season at mo so from talking to others its the reccession proof shell.

Alfarouq

Hay .i am here to invite you. all of you to join the following cite If you want clear answers for the questions that always puzzled you about trinity the most amazing thing is that the one who will answer your questions(from inside the bible ) is a Muslim

Believe me he knows all the answers :

paltalkscene\middle east\Islam\Muslim Christian dialogue room

Thank you

For Ducks/geese within 40 yards, the fast Kent, Expert, Remington or Federal Speed Shok works just fine. I keep a second gun in the blind loaded with Black Cloud BB's or BBB for the 40-55 yard Geese. The Black Cloud shells works great for that. We don't shoot a lot of Geese, but I get about 25 per season. About half are taken at the 40-55 yard mark. I usually shoot a couple of boxes per season. They're fine for that.

I do NOT use Black Cloud for decoying Ducks. They are not necessary.