I am looking for a side saddle and tactical light for my Supernova

maddevildog

Hi guys,

This is my first post and I figured this would be the place to come.I bought a Supernova Tactical Pistol grip and have a few questions that I am hoping you all can help. They are:

1) What shells do you recomend for home defense?

2) I would like to add a side saddle, what do you all recomend?

3) I would also like to add a tactical light, again looking for recomendations.

Thanks in advance and I am looking foward to all your replies and comments!

DJ

Hi guys,

This is my first post and I figured this would be the place to come.I bought a Supernova Tactical Pistol grip and have a few questions that I am hoping you all can help. They are:

1) What shells do you recomend for home defense?

2) I would like to add a side saddle, what do you all recomend?

3) I would also like to add a tactical light, again looking for recomendations.

Thanks in advance and I am looking foward to all your replies and comments!

DJ

Question 1 :

where do you live. Apartment, country, etc.? You have family in the ''house'' with you? Where are they in the house? Are they in the next room? downstairs? What Is your exteror walls? Brick? etc. This has a impact on the ammo you chose for HD.

Novaking

I'm unable to comment on 1) and 3) however, I do use a side saddle mount on my SN for competition and have found the one manufactured by Mesa Tactical to be entirely suitable. Dependent upon the SN model that you have, you might find it necessary to drill and tap the receiver to affix the side saddle. I have the 6 shot version and I do not find the gun 'unbalanced' with the row of shells on the left side of the receiver. I DO know that other people actively dislike this method of shell carriage. At the end of the day, the choice is down to you and your preferences / circumstances. I don't have personal experience of any other side saddle and cannot comment.

Kind regards

Andy

I have a TacStar side saddle, +2 mag extension, and flashlight with pressure activation switch. All appear well made and a good bang for the buck. I bought a LED upgrade for my light from ebay and its MUCH brighter and lasts a lot longer with the batteries.

Take a hard look at the Streamlight TLR-2, the new version with 135 lumens and built-in laser. I just received one an hour ago and I couldn't be more impressed. Light, small, and bright. The laser is incredibly bright with the flashlight on. I also own two Surefires and will sell one to buy another of these. Optics Planet has a good price. The new version is C4.

Take a hard look at the Streamlight TLR-2, the new version with 135 lumens and built-in laser. I just received one an hour ago and I couldn't be more impressed. Light, small, and bright. The laser is incredibly bright with the flashlight on. I also own two Surefires and will sell one to buy another of these. Optics Planet has a good price. The new version is C4.

Can you post or send some pics with the Streamlight attached? Thanks DJ

I don't have it attached, yet, but Streamlight sells some nifty mounts, specifically the 69901,which I have and which is made specifically for the TLR series.

Honestly, I own a Surefire M4 (good name, huh?) and an M3, both with Z58 tailcaps. These are about $600 combined. This TLR-2 (C4) will just knock your socks off. I can't imagine a better shotgun light.

And BTW, what's the best way to post a pic on this board? You give me some quick instructions and I'll post a pic mounted on my M1. My M4 is in the mail from Cabelas.

Host your images to a site like photobucket.com, then click on your picture that is hosted on PB.com, right click the image then select properties. You will want want to copy the URL (left click and drag over the entire the link and then right click and select copy), come back to here and click the insert image tab above, its the yellow button with the mountain in it. Then right click paste in the address bar it will ask you for, then click ok and you are all set. DJ

digitalcamera7-27-08005.jpg?t=1239239969

Host your images to a site like photobucket.com, then click on your picture that is hosted on PB.com, right click the image then select properties. You will want want to copy the URL (left click and drag over the entire the link and then right click and select copy), come back to here and click the insert image tab above, its the yellow button with the mountain in it. Then right click paste in the address bar it will ask you for, then click ok and you are all set. DJ

digitalcamera7-27-08005.jpg?t=1239239969

Nice wheel gun!!

Here's the Streamlight TLR-2:

Picture058.jpg?t=1239310104

Picture061.jpg?t=1239310213

The Streamlight can be rotated around the mag tube so that it hugs the barrel similar to theSurefire mount and does not interfere with the switch when mounted in that manner.

I can't overemphasize how bright this little light is in a large room. The laser beam is focused and way bright in the middle of the beam, whether in daylight or total darkness. in a large room, such as a living room, the beam floods the entire opposite wall with light. Inside, this thing compares favorably with a Surefire M4, a $400 light. Outside at distance, it would not compare so favorably.

I hope this helps. BTW, how do you make your pics bigger? nevermind, I figured it out.

Edited by jantonio54

One more comment, Madevildog. The M3 is a traditional filament bulb and the TLR-2 is an LED. After about 35 rounds, the bulb in my M3 went tango uniform. LED's are advertised as being impervious to shock. Both these lights use the CR123A lithium battery, which has a ten year shelf life.

And thanks again for the lesson on the pictures. I'm not really qualified to answer many questions on loads, dependent on how much you already know, but you're welcome to email me if there's any way I can help.

Edited by jantonio54

The Streamlight is mounted on a Streamlight mount, part # 69901, inexpensive and available from Optics Planet. It's specifically for the TLR series.

Check the 69903 for the TL series. These are both hard to find, but Optics Planet has them.

Edited by jantonio54