The new Vinci

kyboy42754

I bought one yesterday, it seems to be better balanced than my SBE. Just feels better when you throw it up and seems very light. Have not shot it yet, will do that later on today. I know if you shoot 3.5 the vinci is not for you. I will let you know some more later on

I bought one yesterday, it seems to be better balanced than my SBE. Just feels better when you throw it up and seems very light. Have not shot it yet, will do that later on today. I know if you shoot 3.5 the vinci is not for you. I will let you know some more later on

Please post up how you like it.

I got a look at the new Vinci today. As far as the look and feel of the Vinci I like my SBEII better. Not really impressed with the design. Would like to have been able to shoot it. Like the fact it is adjustable for LOP, cast, and drop which is a great selling point. Would be interested if there was a big difference in recoil. Did not like the safety at the front of the trigger. Also the recoil pad surface was tectured which I like a smooth recoil pad that won't hang on clothes.

The real test will be whether it is a better shooter.

i could shoot the vinci off my chin. lol. it kicks like a feather. My 20 gauge m2 kicks harder than it does.

i have not patterned it in since i have been at school but i am heading home tonight and will tomorrow. I agree its not the look we are use to but it does not matter when i put it in my hands. i have never had a gun that naturally flows to your shoulder like it does. i have owned every benelli except a m3, m4, and nova and nothing else shoots like it.

i could shoot the vinci off my chin. lol. it kicks like a feather. My 20 gauge m2 kicks harder than it does.

i have not patterned it in since i have been at school but i am heading home tonight and will tomorrow. I agree its not the look we are use to but it does not matter when i put it in my hands. i have never had a gun that naturally flows to your shoulder like it does. i have owned every benelli except a m3, m4, and nova and nothing else shoots like it.

stop rubbing it in!!!!! i cant wait to get my hands on one!!!!!

I checked out the Benelli videos, the specs and the rest of the advertising plus the price of the Vinci in my area and came to a conclusion. That conclusion is I'm not impressed. In my opinion the Vinci has no real advantage over the SBEII that I own presently and as a result I won't be buying one.

i patterned the vinci in for turkey hunting the other day. bought a rhino .660 choke and shot nitro brand ammo. at 50 yards hard 32 pellets in the head and neck. my sbe is no where near that with 3.5 inch shells or 3 inch shells. good job benelli.

• 2 weeks later...

This is something I posted last week. I think you will find a lot of good info in there for all you guys/gals that want to know what shooting a VINCI is like.

On Friday I got my hands on one from our rep. Took it apart, examined it and shot about 75 rounds though it. This gun is NICE!!! It comes apart easy and when assembled it is totally solid and no movement. The Magazine comes out for easy cleaning.

Stock-The new comfortech stock is the best I have seen from them. You can actually shoulder it and pull it into your shoulder and can see the back chevron(the bigger one that come from one side of stock to the other) compress. Although the newer stocks are longer and come with the medium pad I still think Benelli could get away with adding a little more length and maybe offering 2 length of pads in the box. Just my opinion.

Trigger- It feels the same as far as the poundage to pull it however it has zero creep. It is awesome.

Bolt- this Thing is easy and comes out of the back of the barrel/receiver with ease. The Rep showed me and then I did it with ease.

Shims- I did not take them out but I did see how easy they were to put in and take replace

Weight- I was a moron and did not compare the actual weight (we have a digital scale at our shop) to a SBEII as we have one BUT it has to be about 1/4 to 1/2 lb lighter or at least felt that way. It was super well balanced and super easy to shoulder.

Butt and Comb pad- the stock butt pad is way nicer than the older one. It still is the same pop-in concept. The comb pad is a little smoother and seemed a little harder than the previous one. It is interchangeable for the higher comb pad and so on. It is still soft but I think it being a little harder will keep it from popping out like some were known to do in the past.

Shouldering- It was SOOOOO nice!!! This thing may be ugly to some but when you put it up to the shoulder the looks go away REALLY quickly.

Extras- The bolt release is easier than most after market bolts. The bolt can be pressed on the front or back side of the bolt closer. Pushing the forward side will release the bolt. Pushing with a little force on the back side will release the shell against the carrier plate. Pushing the plate will release the shell. For the hunters out there this will be awesome. Sorry for my lame explanation... It is a cool feature. Way easier to unload a gun.

Bolt- it came out of the gun with ease and was all right there and no tools needed to take it apart. Even the bolt handle cannot come out with out the bolt being in the right spot in the reciever. No more lost bolts(never seen that happen but...). The bolt slides in the action so smooth. The smoothest of any gun I have felt off the shelf. This is a plus.

Shooting. I shot double trap and regular trap as I didn't have time to shoot sporting clays. I love the swing of this gun. What was truly amazing was the recoil. For as light as this gun is I was REALLY suprised that the kick was as light as it is. I shot some 1250fps 1 1/8 oz Fiocchi White Rinos and no issues. I shot some 1 oz 1200FPS and 1250fps and 1300fps Fiocchi shells and no issues. I even shot a 1350fps 1 1/4 oz shell and felt no different than the White rino's. This was cool.

With that being said the gun only had less than 100 rounds through it before I shot it and it was pretty dry inside. I did try some 1 oz low recoil 1150fps with about 75% success. It hung on some 2nd shell feeds. Since it was working off and on a little more breaking in of the gun and some lube would probably cure that issue. Other than that it worked well.

My only complaint was the length. My gun is 15 1/4 LOP and sometimes that even feels short. I get it if this is a hunting gun because of the clothes that hunters wear but if they decide to put this technology in their sporting gun the length at the shortest should be 14 3/4's. Also the weight, sporting guns need to be around 8-8.5lbs at the lightest. If not it is harder to track longer birds. Weight is key. They fixed this on their SS they are selling in the Performance shop but this gun can't take a screw on weight as there is no screw on caps or threads. The module magazine piece will not allow it unless they built in.

Would I by one??? ABSOLUTELY, YES, NO DOUBT and it is already on order. I guess my only other complaint is the Rep said they don't make the APG color with a 28 inch barrel. I had to settle on the MAX 4. Oh well, ha, ha... I cannot wait to hunt something with this bad boy