Well, I bought an M4 today....

jantonio54

I already have an M1 and a 1201FP, but I'm really excited to get an M4. I got it from Cabelas used for 1299. I talked (long distance) to three different salesmen trying to figure out what model it was and didn't get any help whatsoever, so I finally just got disgusted and bought it.

They sort of said they sold it new in 2007, and sort of said it looked unfired and like new, and sort of said it came with the original box (although it was not possible to look at the box for the model #), and sort of said it had a light attached. They were sure it had "M4" rollmarked under the bolt and that it had a PG stock.

The only thing I'm really worried about is the possibility it could be a four-port barrel, because I shoot and stock only the full-load stuff. What do you think the odds are? Thanks.

I already have an M1 and a 1201FP, but I'm really excited to get an M4. I got it from Cabelas used for 1299. I talked (long distance) to three different salesmen trying to figure out what model it was and didn't get any help whatsoever, so I finally just got disgusted and bought it.

They sort of said they sold it new in 2007, and sort of said it looked unfired and like new, and sort of said it came with the original box (although it was not possible to look at the box for the model #), and sort of said it had a light attached. They were sure it had "M4" rollmarked under the bolt and that it had a PG stock.

The only thing I'm really worried about is the possibility it could be a four-port barrel, because I shoot and stock only the full-load stuff. What do you think the odds are? Thanks.

The 4 ported barrels only caused issues for some people after very high round counts ... and the issue was only increased wear on the BCG, not ultimate destruction of the gun.

If it IS a 4 port barrel, you can either sell the m4 for profit on GB and then look for a reasonably priced 11707 elsewhere, keep it as is and use it, or buy a replacement 2 port barrel. Heck, some people on here have posted looking for low recoil barrels so that they can run their tactical birdshot reliably, so you could probably find someone to swap with.