Where Can I Have My M1 Barrel Cut Down??

Nala

Hey all,

I have an M1 S90 with a 24 inch barrel. I would like to have the barrel cut to 20 inches and re-threaded to accept the factory choke tubes. I also want the vent rib to be cut back to match the barrel and the front sight re-inserted.

My plan is the add a mag extension and turn my Benelli into a Home Defense shotgun since I don't hunt with it anymore.

Does anyone know who or what shop can do the work I am needing? Has anyone had this kind of work done to their Benelli before or know anyone that has?

Thanks for the help.

Nala

Well I would love to be able to just swap out to a shorter barrel, but have you seen the prices on Benelli barrels? Heck I could buy a really sweet HD shotgun for just the price of a Benelli barrel. Their barrels are a fortune.

I don't hunt with this shotgun anymore and it just sits in my closet. I bet I haven't put a total of 50 rounds through it in the last 7 or 8 years. So as it is, it's not getting used for anything. At least cutting it back would turn it into something I would actually practuce with and use.

What could go wrong by cutting back the rib? I know it might be hard to get it to look good like it does now, but I can't think of anything actually bad that might happen. Please elaborate and let me know if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Nala

I think probably that I wonder about the real-world benefit of a 20" vs. a 24" barrel...moreso than someone butchering your barrel. That's really the main thing...sometimes folks solve nonexistent problems and I just wondered if you'd really thought this through. It's your gun though, and whatever you do is up to you. I imagine it'll be fine either way.

Good luck.

Well I would love to be able to just swap out to a shorter barrel, but have you seen the prices on Benelli barrels? Heck I could buy a really sweet HD shotgun for just the price of a Benelli barrel. Their barrels are a fortune.

I don't hunt with this shotgun anymore and it just sits in my closet. I bet I haven't put a total of 50 rounds through it in the last 7 or 8 years. So as it is, it's not getting used for anything. At least cutting it back would turn it into something I would actually practuce with and use.

What could go wrong by cutting back the rib? I know it might be hard to get it to look good like it does now, but I can't think of anything actually bad that might happen. Please elaborate and let me know if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Nala

Why not sell your gun, and take the $$$ from the sale and buy the gun you want?

You should have no trouble selling a 24" VR barrel for 300 or so if it is on good condition. You can post it in Brian Enos forum. That barrel, and the 21" VR barrel are very popular in 3 gun competition.

I have a 18.5" barrel and LPA GR sight i am selling for 300 if you are interested.

Good luck.

Nick