Super Black Eagle II

Drake18

I had my heart set on getting a super black eagle II until i heard that they sometimes jam on low brass shells. I will be mostly waterfowl hunting but i also want to be able to shoot skeet and doves with it. Does anyone have a Super

Black Eagle II that can give me some insight on this.

I dove hunt with mine all the time and have no problems.

Just make sure the loads you use meet or exceed the minimum recommended load potency and you'll be fine.

3 drams / 1-1/8 ounce (which are low brass, by the way)

Although some will cycle lighter loads, Benelli will not consider the gun as defective if it doesn't cycle the light stuff.

Edited by tucker301

also be sure to break it in properly before you shoot the light loads... a couple of boxes of big duck loads and you should be fine... i shot 3 boxes of mixed 3 1/2" and 3" shells through mine and then went right into dove loads with out a hitch!

I slightly broke my SBEII on the dove and quail loads, then switching to 3" shells and then to 3 1/2" bangers and had one "hiccup" which was a stove pipe with a 3 1/2" federal low brass...I blame that on a goofy over the head shot and the gun was not tightly against my shoulder....other than that, no problems..........

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, if you must shoot the girly loads, then the Vinci may the best choice for your frail construction.

I hear the French Army is looking at it. :p

From the Vinci specs:

"Ammunition: 12-gauge — 2-3/4" target loads (3 dram, 1 oz.) to 3" Magnums"

I hear they are even coming out with a pink synthetic model for the all the girly men.

I have never had an issue with mine shooting 7/8oz or 1oz.

Your SBEII shoots 7/8???

I have had my SBE2 since 4/04 and have put LOTS of duck and goose ammo through it and it shoots 1-1/8 fine. Sometimes it will cycle 1 oz. but not enough to count on it.

Thanks for everyone's advice I ended up getting the superblack eagle II and so far i have put 8 boxes of 3 dram 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 shot through it with no problems at all, this gun is awesome. I'm looking forward to duck and goose season!

• 2 weeks later...
the sbe 2 wont eject light loads ive heard but the vinci will its there only feild gun that will eject them for skeet and trap

One of my friends on a different trap team, but in the same town, has a SBE2 and he never had a problem with the game and fish shells that have 3 dram and 1 oz. I would call thoose light loads and they ejected. I have seen alot of field guns eject light loads without a problem.

I cant see why after a break in period that the SBE wouldnt eject light target rounds, its a quality gun so should be fine.

I have a SX2 in 3 1/2" and after the first duck hunting season I could reliably run 2 3/4" 1oz load target shells through it no problemo, may even try 7/8 oz or 3/4 oz too. I shoot a skeet weekly with this gun, it has been good to me.

I cant see why after a break in period that the SBE wouldnt eject light target rounds, its a quality gun so should be fine.

I have a SX2 in 3 1/2" and after the first duck hunting season I could reliably run 2 3/4" 1oz load target shells through it no problemo, may even try 7/8 oz or 3/4 oz too. I shoot a skeet weekly with this gun, it has been good to me.

I didn't know they made 12 gauge 3/4 oz do you reload your shells? Or maybe a gauge reducer?

I have a SBE ll and I have probably shot twenty cases of Estate trap loads without a single failure. It may be a little tight at first, but after a few rounds, you should be fine. Make sure you keep the rails lubed, that will help. Good luck!