Which optic for M4

theyeti

Hello,

I am new to the forums and am trying to decide on a red dot sight for the m4.

I am considering the Trijicon rx30

or the eotech transverse xs 2 or 3

Any experience with either one or would you just do the tritium inserts.

Thank you

Aimpoint T1 hands down if you've got the money.

Eotech transverse would also be a great choice.

Realize the optic needs to be compatible with your cheek weld ... if you use a full length non collapsible stock you'll need the optic as low as possible, if you use a collapsed stock it needs to be higher, etc.

Realize the optic needs to be compatible with your cheek weld ... if you use a full length non collapsible stock you'll need the optic as low as possible, if you use a collapsed stock it needs to be higher, etc.

Very important point. I had a trijicon sight on an M4 before and had to buy a different base because it required me to shift around on the stock to see through it correctly.

+1 type of stock will determine mount and best optic.

Which aimpoint and mount will work best with the skele stock? Aimpoint M2 with standard mount OK? How about the newer Aimpoint M4?

It depends ... do you shoot with the stock in, out, or in the middle? Get the mount that puts the optic where it needs to be given your preferred LOP.