Benelli 7 round mag extension

Andy Jones

I purchased a customer take off mag extension a little while back for my M1S90. I was under the impression that the factory mag extension should be flush with the end of my 18.5" barrel. My mag extension extends about 1/4 of an inch past the end of the barrel. I know it won't hurt anything but just for looks I am not to hot on it. Is what I have a factory Benelli extension? Is there anything that I can do to shorten it a little? Also, does anyone know where I might be able to get a factory benelli clamp because the one that I have is too large for the groove on the extension. Thanks for any replies.

Andy

I'm guessing you don't have a factory extension (but I could be wrong) since it extends out past the barrel and the clamp doesn't fit. Although I don't wanna sound like a smartass but did you try flipping the barrel clamp the other way 'round and try screwing the barrel extension all the way down (it screws down onto the magazine male end and the extension itself screws into the nut. I wouldn't even attempt to shorten it any, just get a ported choke or something.

If its a Benelli ext. it will be vaccum wrapped with a cardboard backing. It will (would) have Benelli written all over the cardboard in red. If it is indeed a Benelli ext. it should be flush if installed properly. Like nodark said try flipping the clamp. Also maybe you have the extension attached not flush.?? Its doubtful but maybe. It would explain the ext. sticking out. See if the ext. is on a slight angle. Main thing is like I said when you bought it initally it would be CLEARLY marked Benelli about 2 dozen times on the cardboard backing, the plastic was sealed to. Benelli on an angle covering the cardboard. No way to shorten it unless you wanna really gamble, or are a machineist.

I know the barrel clamp is not a benelli part, that is just what he had laying around so he gave it to me. I purchased the tube from a benelli gunsmith who took it of a customers gun when they were upgrading to a 9 rd tube so I did not have the luxury of seeing it in the cardboard. The extension looks like a benelli extension in the way that it is machined where it screws into the collar nut, it looks just like my factory +1. everything is tight but it just won't go down. Is there some sort of difference between the old M1 and my new M1? Can anyone give me the overall measurement for a 7 rd mag tube mag tube that is flush with an 18.5"barrel?

Andy

The current M1 tacticals have 18½" barrels and the 80155 extension sits flush.

Older M1 tacticals had 19.75" barrels and the extension tubes were about 3/8" longer than the current 80155 tubes, as shown still wrapped. When installed, these older tubes sit about 7/8" behind the muzzle of the 19.75" barrels (or 3/8" in front of the new 18.5" barrels).

Pic1.jpg

Speaking of extensions, does anyone have any leads on the looong extensions or extension/speedloader kits that were offered for the M1 practical?

so that means I have a new M1 with the 18.5" barrel with an older extension. It all makes sense now. I guess it is time to look for a new extension and sell this one.

Andy

Originally posted by STA:

The current M1 tacticals have 18½" barrels and the 80155 extension sits flush.

Older M1 tacticals had 19.75" barrels and the extension tubes were about 3/8" longer than the current 80155 tubes, as shown still wrapped. When installed, these older tubes sit about 7/8" behind the muzzle of the 19.75" barrels (or 3/8" in front of the new 18.5" barrels).

Pic1.jpg

Speaking of extensions, does anyone have any leads on the looong extensions or extension/speedloader kits that were offered for the M1 practical?