left handed shotgun a 20 gauage

patrickc

i am looking for a left -handed ultra light 20 gauge. i know benelli has not made a left-handed ultralight 20 gauge shotgun yet, i would like to see one made for left-handed shooter from benelli or is their brand that has a ultralight 20 gauge on the market.:(

I talked with the Benelli marketing folks at the SHOT Show and asked about a 20 ga M2 in a left handed. The reply was that 20 ga guns make up less than 10% of thier total gun sales.

So also factor in that about 7-9% of the US population is left handed, that makes a pretty small population.

i am looking for a left -handed ultra light 20 gauge. i know benelli has not made a left-handed ultralight 20 gauge shotgun yet, i would like to see one made for left-handed shooter from benelli or is their brand that has a ultralight 20 gauge on the market.:(

Patrick: I would encourage you to have a look at the Benelli Montefeltro in 20 gauge... it comes in "lefty." It weighs 5.5 pounds and the Ultralight weighs 5.2 pounds. Is 0.3 pounds really that much different? AND, it will hold FIVE shots whereas the Ultralight only holds three. I sure like my Montefeltro... I got the Silver model and am quite pleased with it. Give it a look.

Oh, and one more thing about weights... My Browning Sweet Sixteen, which I shot most of my life (I'm an older dude) weighs 7 pounds. When I bought it in 1966, it was the lightest quail gun on the market! My 70s version of the Remington 1100 (my dove gun) weighs a full TEN pounds. Believe me, 5.5 pounds IS light enough! I can carry my new Montefeltro all day in the field quail hunting (at age 63) and not get nearly as tired as I did with my Sweet 16 and it perfoms beautifully. Take a look at the Montefeltro.

Oh, and one more thing about weights... My Browning Sweet Sixteen, which I shot most of my life (I'm an older dude) weighs 7 pounds. When I bought it in 1966, it was the lightest quail gun on the market! My 70s version of the Remington 1100 (my dove gun) weighs a full TEN pounds. Believe me, 5.5 pounds IS light enough! I can carry my new Montefeltro all day in the field quail hunting (at age 63) and not get nearly as tired as I did with my Sweet 16 and it perfoms beautifully. Take a look at the Montefeltro.

It always saddens me, hearing about aged sportsmen suffering under heavy burdens.

I would be happy to help you unburden yourself of that slavish Sweet 16, MontePro.

Just let me know when are ready to unburden yourself. I would be honored to provide a supportive and nurturing foster home for your Browning.

I have had little luck locating a Silver Monte lefty for the wife also. I may just wind up getting her a O/U. And the left handed 1100 I shot was very good, but heavy as ****, even in a 20.

My advice is to look around for a lefty Monte too, but they are hard to find.