Sabot Slugs through M4 LE?

Kilost

Michael P, please enlighten me as to why accuracy will suffer? What is the basis for your statement?

Sabot slug loads have been shot out of M4's for many years (Leo's, military). I shoot them out of mine all the time (especially with my chokes) and they are very accurate (http://www.blackborechokes.com).

Now, there are slug loads out there that do not use a sabot (wad), but they use a base wad of some type.

GTPSC

Michael P, please enlighten me as to why accuracy will suffer? What is the basis for your statement?

Sabot slug loads have been shot out of M4's for many years (Leo's, military). I shoot them out of mine all the time (especially with my chokes) and they are very accurate (http://www.blackborechokes.com).

Now, there are slug loads out there that do not use a sabot (wad), but they use a base wad of some type.

GTPSC

Sabot slugs are designed to be "spin stabilized", as would happen through a rifled barrel, or rifled choke. If it isn't spin stabilized, "accuracy suffers".

Both Slugs and Sabots are fine with the M4 as well as the accuracy. I prefer the low recoil slugs because its like shooting a 22 rifle (very little kick) but they will do some serious damage. The benelli m4 is like a fat chick at home town buffet - will eat everything you feed her without hesitation!!!

Both Slugs and Sabots are fine with the M4 as well as the accuracy. I prefer the low recoil slugs because its like shooting a 22 rifle (very little kick) but they will do some serious damage. The benelli m4 is like a fat chick at home town buffet - will eat everything you feed her without hesitation!!!

How much accuracy testing have you done with the m4 and sabot slugs, as compared to the m4 and rifled slugs?

thanks for the input everyone I read the article very insightful. so the next question is where can i find a rifled barrel for my M4? I have looked around and cant find anything I have read in the rest of the forums and pretty much come to the same conclusion.

thanks for the input everyone I read the article very insightful. so the next question is where can i find a rifled barrel for my M4? I have looked around and cant find anything I have read in the rest of the forums and pretty much come to the same conclusion.

There is a reason you can't find one ...