Compact Laser and Flashlight Combo - Leapers

MAKO

Mako get the Tlr-2 from insight. I like it cause its police proven and I have had my on my M4 since Xmas. Lifetime warranty as well. I figured since I spent a boatload on my M4 whats the difference of spending an extra 100 for the laserlight combo versus just the light. imho the laser is very intimidating. I have seen a laser on a weapon stop situations before it could even escalate. Just my 2 cents.

i think just having a gun pointed at you is intimidating enough to stop a situation. It's not really the laser, but the gun itself.

i think someone is going to think twice before starting something if they have an M4 Pointed in their direction.

The lasers job is to help YOU hit the target, not to scare the intended target ... lol ...

That being said, I've never used a laser on my m4, but I don't feel it is needed if you have an optic ... it's not like a pistol where you may be firing without looking at the sights ... a shotgun is always gonna be in your shoulder, and then you can point shoot it without any sights and hit your intended target (or at least I can).

• 1 month later...
i think just having a gun pointed at you is intimidating enough to stop a situation. It's not really the laser, but the gun itself.

i think someone is going to think twice before starting something if they have an M4 Pointed in their direction.

A firearm is not intended to "intimidate" someone into compliance.

I have personally run into people who are either crazy enough or hopped up enough on drugs / alcohol that they are not afraid of guns.

A firearm is not to be used to scare someone, it is to be used to defend your life, or the life of another. If you can scare them into compliance then it worked, if you can't then you have a serious "oh sh__" situation!

More and more you are seeing thugs who aren't afraid to stand and shoot it out with well armed and trained police. A few months ago, a teenager, in N.E. Florida, shot it out, and lost, over a pair of jeans he had shoplifted. He wasn't scared by the gun, he chose to stand and fight.

A few years ago, some of the prison systems started using a rifle with a laser attached, by simply placing the red dot on the inmates chest when the inmates started to riot, the inmates knew "first the red dot, then the red hole". Lasers tend to work, sometimes. Simply pointing a firearm works, sometimes. IMHO :D

I second the TLR-2. Very high quality and very bright, small, and light.

And I think the laser could be very useful. You can set the TLR-2 so that the laser and light come on simultaneously with one switch. It throws a huge, bright wall of light with a very bright laser dot right in the middle.

The laser module is well-integrated and adds little bulk or weight. So, why in the world would you not want the laser if you're going to add a light to a shotgun?

I think a sight, tritium ghosts or an open field optic, makes sense, but I'm leaning toward keeping my M4 on the "clean" side. Concur with the point made earlier that lasers are nice when you can't align sights on a pistol, but a shotgun, much more often than not it is shouldered and due to it's length, aims pretty naturally w/o assistance.

Edited by BigHat