Red Dot Coming Loose (Lead Sled)

CraigL

I patterned my SBE2 yesterday with my nitro shells. The pattern as expected was awesome at 25 and at 50.

After I shot I noticed my Burris red dot had slid forward quite a bit. I went home, adjusted it, tightened it down and went back to adjust the sight. It did it again.

I was shooting from a lead sled. Would this be the cause? And, what else should I do to rectify it?

Thanx Guys!

I patterned my SBE2 yesterday with my nitro shells. The pattern as expected was awesome at 25 and at 50.

After I shot I noticed my Burris red dot had slid forward quite a bit. I went home, adjusted it, tightened it down and went back to adjust the sight. It did it again.

I was shooting from a lead sled. Would this be the cause? And, what else should I do to rectify it?

Thanx Guys!

maybe some of it. How much weight did you have on the sled?

Just 20 pounds. I went over to my gun shop and we put some friction tape in the rings and tightened it down.

I went back to the range and adjusted the sight. It held up perfectly to four Nitro rounds.

Problem Solved.

BTW...Those Nitros are bad ass!