Trap & skeet throwers, which should I get?

TokenWhiteMale

I am looking at buying a clay target thrower and would like to hear some opions on both manual and automatic models any of you may own.

I plan on setting it up out back, so size is not a concern.

This one from Cabela's looks ok:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_221110&id=0003678227926a

and this one:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=975088

I recently bought the Trius One Step, also offered by Cabella. I like it because I can use it when I am out alone. (Cocks and releases with one stroke of your foot). It works very well, throws left, right and center, speed of target is adjustable and elevation is adjustable, also throws doubles. Well worth the $100 price tag.

Thom

That is one I was looking at also.

It also got better reviews, by a good bit, than the one I put on the Midway order.

I'll be calling them in the morning to change the order.

I have manged to find an exceptional shotgun (at well below it's value) and avoided having to possibly send back the bird thrower.

So far, this site has been well worth signing up on.

The Aerial Assult arrived today.

Very heavy & seems to be decently made. Will try to assemble it tonight. Still can't believe how cheap these have gotten...

Will build my little platform in the sage tomorrow to mount the unit on.

It feels like Christmas. I have always wanted an automated thrower.

TWM - hope your Aerial Assault works out.

I had a less expensive Do-All trap (a 3/4 cock seated trap) and it kind of fell apart on me. Upgraded to a Lincoln 3/4 trap and have had *great* luck. It is very reliable, throws everything from battues to rabbits to teal and rarely breaks a clay. Anyway - for anyone looking for a recommendation, take a look at Lincoln's traps.

Thanks Britt.

I did my homework on the problems with the Do-All. They seem to have addressed the complaints with the original model and all the comments I have seen about service after the sale have been very postive. I called them before I ordered to check warranty info etc. & was comfortable with the responses I got.

I post my impressions after I get it mounted & run some birds through it.