Tactical stocks

ATX512

Do you think Benelli should offer a more versatile/adjustable tactical stock?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Benelli should offer a more versatile/adjustable tactical stock?

• Folding Stock Option
    • M4 Type / Telescopic
    • Pistol grip / No Stock
    • Custom fitted / Varied length solid stock options

I just bought a Benelli Super Nova, I love the look and feel of the gun, it's design is what attracted me to it. It's dead on accurate yet it does kick like a mule a bit, and I think I found the reason why that is. The biggest complaint I have is that when I purchased the gun I think I made the mistake of purchasing it with the pistol grip tactical stock, at the time, I felt that it suited my needs, yet looking back I feel as if I've been had by a fast talking salesman.

I think my arms are a bit to short for this stock, as the gun does not fit me comfortably like it should, it just doesn't feel right at all. In a shouldering shooting position, in order to rack the slide, I have to flex my arm straight out, and then flex it all the way in, and then flex out all the way again, and in a rapid fire situation I find the stock impeding my ability to empty the gun effectively because it's over working my left arm in an uncomfortable snaping motion, combine that over extended jerking action with the recoil and it causes the stock to bounce and jack hammer back into my shoulder, bruising the **** out of my right upper arm. Because of this, I tire of the Supernova quickly on the range and become disappointed with the performance as I understand a firearm should be ergonomically fluid and adjustable to the shooter. The Benelli SuperNova is not ergonomically fluid to the length of my left arm to the pit of my right shoulder, it feels like it's to damn long, and the stock cannot be shortened or adjusted. It's more like punching a time clock than a walk in the park.

I've watched some videos on the net and nobody else seems to have this problem, so my next guess is that the gun is just to long for me. The Benelli Supernova is not a one size fits all shotgun when fitted with the tactical stock... And I'm starting to have regrets I didn't get that Remington 870 I was eye balling.

After reviewing the Remington 870, and the Mossberg 500/590, and the adjustable accessories available for those guns, and how they can be custom fitted to the shooter. I don't feel I got the gun I was looking for in the Supernova. Though I am not knocking Benelli, it's a great shotgun. But I wish it was more versatile and offered more adjustable options, like an adjustable or telescopic stock so it could be sized for various users, like me.

Does anyone have any recommendations before I wind up having to take a hack saw to the stock? Are their any shorter or adjustable stocks available for the Supernova or am I just screwed with what I got? I would appreciate any advice to find an alternative solution to my problem.

Edited by ATX512
Spelling/Grammer

IMO, folding stocks suck, as do pistol grip (stockless) shotguns .. the recoil makes the gun unusable if you use any type of real load.

Telescoping or custom length fixed stocks are the only way to go IMO ... and they DO make a telescoping stock for the supernova, it is just rare as ****.

IMO, folding stocks suck, as do pistol grip (stockless) shotguns .. the recoil makes the gun unusable if you use any type of real load.

Telescoping or custom length fixed stocks are the only way to go IMO ... and they DO make a telescoping stock for the supernova, it is just rare as ****.

+1 with dugann try shooting a serbu super shorty. If it didnt have that donkey d**k on the front you hit your self almost everytime. The telescoping M4 stock is one of my favorite mods. Iv'e only seen one supernova adj stock in a pic,believe it was from a european member.

+1 with dugann try shooting a serbu super shorty. If it didnt have that donkey d**k on the front you hit your self almost everytime. The telescoping M4 stock is one of my favorite mods. Iv'e only seen one supernova adj stock in a pic,believe it was from a european member.

Yep, that's the one I am referring to.

I didn't even know it existed until he posted it.

snstockud6.jpg

snstock2uf9.jpg

Thanks for responding to my post. I have been having a **** of a time with this thing. I went to clean it today and I can't drop the trigger mechanism cause of the damn one piece pistol grip stock! The frigg'n trigger housing is pressed up against the pistol grip so hard I can't even remove the damn mechanism from the gun! Arg!

I found a complete Supernova tactical with the tactical stock on a New Zealand website called Gun City! It's the complete system, yet their site didn't say anything about stocks or accessories for the Supernova. The search continues, let me know if you all here of anything. Thanks again.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I bought the ATI Stoeger P350 Talon Adjustable Stock. With minor modification I was able to fit it on my Supernova. Although, ATI told me that it "will not fit it with any modification." IT LOOKS GREAT!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2239[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2238[/ATTACH]