Titanium charging handle...

jantonio54

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Yes the 44 solid titanium ones were moved a while ago.

The revised ones had tooling and coater's delays, which led us to a new coatings firm in Michigan who will also be doing the work on our "F.I.S.T." (to debut Jan 1st)

Meanwhile the current run of bolt knobs were set back to January release since they will be coated along-side the other samples previously mentioned at the Michigan plant. The bolt knobs are made by us (carriercomp) but outsourced for TiAln coating.

BTW;

Yes the revised bolt knob will have the A2 heat treated tang to withstand the Benelli designed intent to double as a gas piston disassembly tool.

Can't wait. Will be looking for it in a week or two.

It's what I use, very good piece of gear. My only reservation is that it might be a tad too big.

Thanks BigHat for your honest response. I thought it appeared a little large, looks as though I’ll be waiting for the release of Kip’s Ti charging handles also. At present, waiting to hear from him on an order I place Dec 4th for two FL OEM Ti tubes. Should be shipped by Dec 12....Can’t wait! After reading some of the other posts, will probably pick up a couple of KZ forearm rails to. It just doesn’t stop does it. My wife will put a squeeze on the pocket soon.

Thanks BigHat for your honest response. I thought it appeared a little large, looks as though I’ll be waiting for the release of Kip’s Ti charging handles also. At present, waiting to hear from him on an order I place Dec 4th for two FL OEM Ti tubes. Should be shipped by Dec 12....Can’t wait! After reading some of the other posts, will probably pick up a couple of KZ forearm rails to. It just doesn’t stop does it. My wife will put a squeeze on the pocket soon.

Good luck. The M4 does attract mods. When I started doing some drills to remove a buckshot round and insert a slug, I sometimes got hit by the handle. The THING you really need more than an aftermarket charging handle is a bigger bolt release. That button is small. Getting ready to install mine (GG&G) shortly.

Good luck. The M4 does attract mods. When I started doing some drills to remove a buckshot round and insert a slug, I sometimes got hit by the handle. The THING you really need more than an aftermarket charging handle is a bigger bolt release. That button is small. Getting ready to install mine (GG&G) shortly.

Maybe I’ll take your advice on that also; purchasing the GG&G Bolt Release Pad. Damn it! :( As you said, “The M4 does attract Mods”. The setback I have is, I have two M4’s, so the expense is always doubled, and yes I know, well worth it! I must have gotten bit by that damn “Bug” again. I purchased the Carlson Breach Chokes two weeks ago for them, looks awesome!

Maybe I’ll take your advice on that also; purchasing the GG&G Bolt Release Pad. Damn it! :( As you said, “The M4 does attract Mods”. The setback I have is, I have two M4’s, so the expense is always doubled, and yes I know, well worth it! I must have gotten bit by that damn “Bug” again. I purchased the Carlson Breach Chokes two weeks ago for them, looks awesome!

By the way, I was just on the FFT website and they now make a 1/2" diameter charging handle. Looks ideal. Think I'll replace my 3/4" model. Just an FYI you you and others that may not be aware of it.

No I didn't know, looks as though I'll be placing my order soon. At 10 grams for Ti, it weighs 2 grams less than the original Benelli part.

Did you also see that FFT is manufacturing the Forearm/Forend compliant part, identical to the Benelli M4 ? (Made in USA printed on inside)

I just sent them an email asking when they expect availability. Awesome!

BTW, how the fit of the charging handle, nice & snugged or loose.

Thanks again BigHat!

Interesting about the forend. The clear looking one on the site is just a sample right? I need it in black. :D

I know through all the excitment you missed the last paragraph (I had to read it twice also) it states...

"The item currently pictured is a spec forend. The forend we offer will be virtually identical in texture and color as the factory forend."

http://freedomfightertactical.com/products-page/forends-and-followers/the-freedom-fighter-tactical-922r-compliant-forearm-forend/

No I didn't know, looks as though I'll be placing my order soon. At 10 grams for Ti, it weighs 2 grams less than the original Benelli part.

Did you also see that FFT is manufacturing the Forearm/Forend compliant part, identical to the Benelli M4 ? (Made in USA printed on inside)

I just sent them an email asking when they expect availability. Awesome!

BTW, how the fit of the charging handle, nice & snugged or loose.

Thanks again BigHat!

My current 3/4" model is great and does not rotate. Eyeing that Ti 1/2" model and they claim it fits as well. Already using the Surefire forearm so I'll pass on the FFT model. Great for those seeking 922r compliance though.

This morning I went to the range to shoot some clays and had a few malfunctions which were failure to feed. The first malfunction I cycled the bolt manually but did it so fast that part of the skin on my right pointy finger got caught on the edge of the opening just on top of the "M4" engraving. This is with the stock knob so I just placed my order for a 1/2in titanium knob from Freedom Fighter Tactical.

Now the failure to feed occurred about 5 times. This never happened on the first 50 rounds I fired on Wednesday but occurred between 51-75 rounds. This is with birdshot, 2 3/4in, 1200fps. My guess it's just the weak ammo that didn't allow the bolt to fully cycle?

Try more lube. The M4 likes to run wet. Not dripping, but heavily coated. Try a box of high brass bird shot to see if the same failure occurs. Many say the M4 needs a good breaking in when brand new. So some high brass might do the trick.

Ah didn't think about the break-in period. Thanks for the info!