A quick question about my first, Benelli Nova 20 gauge

xbuckethead

Hello guys, I'm new to guns and just purchased my first shotgun, the Benelli Nova pump action 20 gauge. Now flipping through the manual and looking online, everywhere says the capacity is 4 +1 (which I assume is 4 loaded and 1 in the chamber) however I can only fit two. I have it in the cocked position and with the safety on as it says to do it in the owners manual, but is there something I am doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello guys, I'm new to guns and just purchased my first shotgun, the Benelli Nova pump action 20 gauge. Now flipping through the manual and looking online, everywhere says the capacity is 4 +1 (which I assume is 4 loaded and 1 in the chamber) however I can only fit two. I have it in the cocked position and with the safety on as it says to do it in the owners manual, but is there something I am doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated!

There is a plug in it. Take out the plug and you will have the full capacity.

I've never done it, but if I had to guess ... I'd say the mag tube isn't loctited in place on that model, so you can unscrew it from the receiver. Take out the spring, follower, and the plug should come out last. Replace everything except the plug ...

If this is not how it is done, someone will be along shortly to make fun of me and let you know the proper way.

long before I would unscrew the mag tube I would take off the magazine end cap and check to see if there isn't a snap ring in the end. If there is a snap ring remove it carefully and the spring, follower, and plug should come out.

Ah yes, the obvious answer. :)

long before I would unscrew the mag tube I would take off the magazine end cap and check to see if there isn't a snap ring in the end. If there is a snap ring remove it carefully and the spring, follower, and plug should come out.

That's exactly how my Nova 12 gauge worked. Unscrew the cap, remove the snap ring (hold it tight, it will try to take off), slide the spring out and remove the orange plastic "post" that's in the spring, reinstall spring and snap ring, and replace the cap that holds the barrel in place.