M4 - Single Point Endplate

LV_M4

Does anyone know of a Single-point sling (HK loop Type) endplate adapter that will fit a Benelli M4 (Standard, civilian, pistol grip stock).

Thanks

You are going to slam that heavy wrecking-ball of a shotgun right into your nethers if you run a single-point.

Guest cleefurd
You are going to slam that heavy wrecking-ball of a shotgun right into your nethers if you run a single-point.

Has to qualify for the quote of the week.

Thanks for the "support", but I ran my Mossberg 590A1 with a single point endplate/HK loop and single point sling through 4 days of tactical shotgun training last weekend with no problems. :D

Still looking for a single point end plate.....anyone?

Thanks for the "support", but I ran my Mossberg 590A1 with a single point endplate/HK loop and single point sling through 4 days of tactical shotgun training last weekend with no problems. :D

Still looking for a single point end plate.....anyone?

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=80&parents=60,63

Call them and MAKE SURE it will work for your application. I do not know if they bill it as M1/M3 because they assume M4 means collapsible stock, or if it is billed as such because it won't fir the M4 at all. Again, be sure of your application before you do any spending.

Due to the unique way the stock on the M4 rotates and unlocks, it needs to be flush for the lugs to engage, placing a spacer in there causes the problem and the GG&G does not function. We did a pretty good search on it and spoke to manufacturers to see if it was feasible, all said no without turning down ( modifying) the neck of the stock.

Mg

Due to the unique way the stock on the M4 rotates and unlocks, it needs to be flush for the lugs to engage, placing a spacer in there causes the problem and the GG&G does not function. We did a pretty good search on it and spoke to manufacturers to see if it was feasible, all said no without turning down ( modifying) the neck of the stock.

Mg

That answers that. :(

Too bad ...

Well, you can still get a sling that allows you to wrap webbing around the narrowest point in the stock, right behind the pistol grip. You can single-point off that. Just make sure you practice to get the right grip on the PG in a fast-draw situation to ensure that the webbing doesn't get in the way..

Or you can get a three-point sling.

Or you can go with the collapsible stock, and get a single-point mounting point on that ... Which is definitely not going to be your cheapest option. :)

Or you can go with the collapsible stock, and get a single-point mounting point on that ... Which is definitely not going to be your cheapest option. :)

I would love a collapsible stock, but haven't been able to find a way to get my hands on one.

Also, can anyone confirm that there is a single point end plate that would work with the collapsible stock. I would think that the collapsible stock attaches just like the standard stock, and would not be compatible with an endplate.

I would love a collapsible stock, but haven't been able to find a way to get my hands on one.

Also, can anyone confirm that there is a single point end plate that would work with the collapsible stock. I would think that the collapsible stock attaches just like the standard stock, and would not be compatible with an endplate.

It's not an end-plate ... I'll see if I can find it ...

Hook loop: https://dstactical.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=92&products_id=1460&osCsid=f3da7ca5b34525e6999c88ca365e46fa

Sling loop: https://dstactical.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=92&products_id=1459&osCsid=f3da7ca5b34525e6999c88ca365e46fa

From Mesa Tactical. They actually make three variaties (the two above, plus a quick disconnect type). See them here: http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?id=60

Haven't known anybody to use one though; so I can't vouch for their quality.

It isn't the ideal place for a sling mount; but they're working with a pre-existing bolt hole in the pistol grip.

Edited by LeoAtrox

Guest cleefurd

It isn't the ideal place for a sling mount; .

Ummm, but the sling placement is super-fantastico!!!sling_89ee3.jpg

Edited by cleefurd
upgraded "ideal to super-fantastico!!!"

are you looking for a collapsible stock ,i have one!

are you looking for a collapsible stock ,i have one!

The M4 is brand new for me. I am tring to solve 2 "problems":

1) I need a much smaller length of pull than the standard stock

2) I would like to attach a single point end plate adapter.

With regards to item 2, I understand no aftermarket plate, or stock, will fit the M4

With regardes to the LOP, I may get a gunsmith to cut down the original stock, if possible. I know I can purchase a replacement for $200 if I screw it up.

Last resort would be the collapsible stock, but I am not sure I want to put the big $$$ down now, until I try other avenues. I understand the going price is about $800.

Thanks for your help!

The M4 is brand new for me. I am tring to solve 2 "problems":

1) I need a much smaller length of pull than the standard stock

2) I would like to attach a single point end plate adapter.

With regards to item 2, I understand no aftermarket plate, or stock, will fit the M4

With regardes to the LOP, I may get a gunsmith to cut down the original stock, if possible. I know I can purchase a replacement for $200 if I screw it up.

Last resort would be the collapsible stock, but I am not sure I want to put the big $$$ down now, until I try other avenues. I understand the going price is about $800.

Thanks for your help!

I also have been considering doing this.

Let me know how yours turns out if you do it.

• 2 weeks later...