the MUTHA of all CHOKES! which one?

herelilquail

my question pertains to my M-1 SUPER 90 21" VR pistol grip and my M-2 TACTICAL 18 1/2" ghostring pistol grip snotguns.

over the years i have purchased mass quanities of shot shells of various flavors. im a pack rat and i hunt and i live in a rural area where picking up shells is an easy hours drive.

over the years the shells have been transfered from ammo boxes/original packaging/belts/bandoleers(yeah i use one for dove-its fast and furious some times) and the markings have worn off alot of them. ie. i cant keep up with what color designates what round because of all the mfg's. its obvious on some if its a slug. but the other blacks greens reds lend itself to some confusion.

i have been told that i can shoot slugs/any buck/any bird/sabots 2 3/4 or 3" out of a "IC" choke.

is this true? as i do not want to damage my weapons.

is an "IC" choke a "DO-ALL" choke????

will i have any accuracy with using slugs/sabots and a "IC" choke?

im really looking for one choke i can varmint hunt/kill rattlesnakes/bird/home defense.

thanks

i would not recommend ever shooting sabots through a smooth bore barrel with a choke. first off they are not designed for that and will not give you great patterns most likely. thats what the foster slugs have been created for. secondly, i a mod choke should never be used for shooting slugs unless you want to bulge your barrel. improved cylinder is the common choice or cylinder works. and with buckshot you have to watch which chokes you shoot it through because due to its large size, if its shot through a tight constriction it will damage the choke after some time if there is any space between the wall of the barrel and wall of the choke. a good all around choke would be somethin like a patternmaster or wad wizard for buckshot and regular shotshells. slugs you can just go with a factory IC. Keep in mind if anything happens to the gun with an after market choke in the barrel, Benelli does warranty and damage.

i would not recommend ever shooting sabots through a smooth bore barrel with a choke. first off they are not designed for that and will not give you great patterns most likely. thats what the foster slugs have been created for. secondly, i a mod choke should never be used for shooting slugs unless you want to bulge your barrel. improved cylinder is the common choice or cylinder works. and with buckshot you have to watch which chokes you shoot it through because due to its large size, if its shot through a tight constriction it will damage the choke after some time if there is any space between the wall of the barrel and wall of the choke. a good all around choke would be somethin like a patternmaster or wad wizard for buckshot and regular shotshells. slugs you can just go with a factory IC. Keep in mind if anything happens to the gun with an after market choke in the barrel, Benelli does warranty and damage.

Incorrect information underlined.

You can safely shoot a foster slug through any choke up to "full" constriction.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you* answer me now???

i really dont know if you can switch barrels. check with benelliusa.com or hit search for your question. i own a dedicated quail/dove combat wombat HK/Benelli M-1 Super 90 with a 21" Vent Rib barrel, giles 3-point sling,oem pistol grip, hk oem mag extension(for grins meeting the ranger-its plugged)w/HK OEM turkey sight, that will only be changed if i find a 26" or 28" barrel for serious duck hunting.

my Benelli M-2 Tactical 18 1/2" barrel w/pistol grip,nite sights,ghost rings,giles 3-point sling, daves metal works follower(red), GG&G bolt handle, daves metal works top receiver rail, nordic mag tube,nordic barrel clamp w/picatinny mini rail,streamlight TLR-1, is for BLOWING THE LIVING **** out of any bear/mtn lion/rattlesnake/ anything rabid or a human or humans that decides coming into my camp or home is a good idea when not cordially invited!