Case color for my reciever

Javarama

I have a Benelli Ultra Light that I use for all my hunting. The receiver is a very shinny silver , ( I assume nickel ) , and is not highly suitable for hunting turkey with. I would like to know wether or not it is possible to case color the receiver on this gun.

I am something of a traditionalist , and I don't really like the look of a camo gun. I do however love the look of case color , wich would be just fine as far as lowering the shine effect of the action on my Ultra Light.

Can this be done , or is it impossible due to the metal that it is made from? :confused:

Guest cleefurd

Assuming it were/is nickel plating...

From http://www.natmetal.com/nickel.htm

Matte Black Nickel Plating:

Black nickel is plated over matte nickel to give a grayish, non-reflective appearance. It is slightly brighter than black chrome and covers recessed areas better. Since the black nickel coating is quite thin, corrosion resistance is somewhat limited. To improve corrosion protection, the matte nickel may be applied over electroless nickel, but the black color may not hold up in severe environments. It is used for optical components, gun sights and components, lighting and plumbing fixtures and some automotive parts.