M4 rail question

m4_fan

Hi,

I have read lots of threads about the crappy stock M4 rail, and the possibilities of future improved designs coming to market someday.

Being a FNG, I bought some parts from DMW in the mean while:

Ben001 - Speedbar For Benelli Autoloader

Ben002 - Oversized Safety For Benelli Autoloader

Ben003 - Tactical Bolt Handle For Benelli Autoloader

Ben005 - Picattiny Rail

The rail is very well made, but unless he sent me the wrong one, none of the holes line up where the stock M4 holes are drilled & tapped, and the DMW rail is too long to fit w/o removing the rear metallic sight.

( I sent Dave an e-mail just to check "is this the right rail?")

Anyway, I have a Bridgeport mill and can machine Dave's rail to that the hole pattern is identical to the stock Benelli M4, plus shorten the thing so I can keep the rear sight.

Am I on the right trail here, or should I just wait for a finished product from one of the guys?

M4_fan

Guest cleefurd
Hi,

( I sent Dave an e-mail just to check "is this the right rail?")

Anyway, I have a Bridgeport mill and can machine Dave's rail to that the hole pattern is identical to the stock Benelli M4, plus shorten the thing so I can keep the rear sight.

Am I on the right trail here, or should I just wait for a finished product from one of the guys?

M4_fan

Yes he sent you the correct rail. And yes it does require fitting either to the gun, or the gun to it....

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=418424&t=11082005

Thanks for the info, Dave's recent reply confirms all.

Dave says he will have a new rail in a couple of weeks that conforms to the stock

M4 hole pattern, but it is still full length, just cut off a bit if keeping the rear sight.

He will take mine back for $$ credit on the swap old/new

Thanks for the info, Dave's recent reply confirms all.

Dave says he will have a new rail in a couple of weeks that conforms to the stock

M4 hole pattern, but it is still full length, just cut off a bit if keeping the rear sight.

He will take mine back for $$ credit on the swap old/new

Kip's will be better.

who is kip, and where do I find him and this rail???

skorittnig

He is a magical creature that slaves away day and night in a shop making exotic, high-quality parts of the Benelli M4.

You cannot find him. You can only contact him here, on this forum, or on his website. www.carriercomp.com

Please, do not call him. I don't even call him anymore. Just e-mail him. We want him to be left alone as much as possible so that he may complete this rail and you can get one.