How do I adjust the Front Sling Ring to the Left Side?

taylaboy

Howdy.

I was wondering if anyone can pass some insight over to me regarding the procedure to adjust the Front Sling Ring over to the Left Side of the barrel? There isnt any instructions in the Manual for this. I havent scoured the USMC version yet which may have this info, but if anyone can explain how to do it, I would be most grateful.

As always, I apologize for asking if this is a very simple process I should be able to figure out on my own. I just finally got my Gun and Dont want to F it up yet :)

Thanks

Snap ring pliers.

2578900_lg.jpg

1) - Use them to take off the retaining ring.

2) - Pull the sling loop off.

3) - Turn to desired angle.

4) - Put sling loop back on.

5) - Put retaining ring back on.

6) - Attach sling.

7) - Smile at how simple it all was.

:)

Thanks Duggan, I am on my way to Home Depot right now.

I have another question regarding Ammo for you: I accidentally bought a couple hundred rounds of 8 shot to just break in the bolt/receiver a little bit. However, I just realized it may have been a mistake because it might not be powerful enough to actually cycle the weapon. I may be wrong, but if you have any guidance or even opinion on ammo usage for this, That would be awesome.

I did buy about 50 Slug Rounds, but they were expensive as **** and i wasnt planning on using them just yet, but I may have to. Thanks budd!

Thanks Duggan, I am on my way to Home Depot right now.

I have another question regarding Ammo for you: I accidentally bought a couple hundred rounds of 8 shot to just break in the bolt/receiver a little bit. However, I just realized it may have been a mistake because it might not be powerful enough to actually cycle the weapon. I may be wrong, but if you have any guidance or even opinion on ammo usage for this, That would be awesome.

I did buy about 50 Slug Rounds, but they were expensive as **** and i wasnt planning on using them just yet, but I may have to. Thanks budd!

Some m4s run light loads from the start with no problems.

Others require some heavy loads, then they magically start working with light loads.

Some people report that their m4s never cycle light loads reliably even after "break in", and they either avoid light loads or get the "low recoil" 4 port barrel.

I don't know how your gun will act, the only way to know is to go see if it will cycle the #8 loads. If it does, great, if not, try some heavy stuff, then back to the light loads.

For what it's worth, when my friend bought the m4 that I now own, it jammed on him and me like crazy the first day we took it out. Light loads, buckshot, slugs, everything jammed every 3rd or 4th round. After about 100 rounds, all this went away and 11,500 rounds later, it has not jammed or failed to cycle a single time.

I don't really know what happens in that 100 round period, whether its stuff loosening up or parts getting better fitted to each other or what, but it seems to fix most problems that may arise at the start.