Advice - Semi-auto trap / skeet gun

Mike Grasso

Benelli: Supersport, Cordoba, Legacy Sport

Beretta: Any 391.

Barrel length- Whatever fits you the best. For O/U's I like 28'' barrels. For Auto and Pumps, I like 26'' barrels.

As far as ammo, the Beretta's will cycle lighter ammo better than benelli's but both should cycle 1 1/8 3 gram or better with no problems.

Good luck, You chose a two great sports.

Novaking

Hey Mike,

I am more a Beretta guy for sporting so I will let the Benelli experts advise you on them.

BlackBore is getting closer to becoming a going business and I am hopeful for June, but probably July.

I will let you know.

GTPSC

Thanks so far! I'm open to Beretta's also.

So I can get away with a 26" autoloader for Trap and skeet? Or buy multiple bbls?

Mike

BTW Duggan, had one of those but it was more of a "sporting" clays gun.......

Mg

Really?

I held one once, but I've never shot one.

IIRC it was heavy as ****.

So I can get away with a 26" autoloader for Trap and skeet? Or buy multiple bbls?

I use my M2 with a 28" for both trap and skeet and it works well. Swinging for skeet really isnt a problem because with the M2 (and most benellis I believe) the center of gravity is about mid action so barrel length doesn't hurt you that much.

26" will do you just fine for both, the biggest part is to change chokes. MOD works well for trap and either IC or CYL for skeet. The M2 came with 5 chokes so depending on what gun you get you might have a different choke set but the theory is trap a little tighter skeet a little looser. Skeet will be much more enjoyable if you start out really open so you can hit some targets and get the leads down and then tighten up a bit, but if you run out there with a MOD or tighter you likely wont hit much for a while (especially if you are new to the game).

No matter what have fun with your boy, both trap and skeet are extremely enjoyable. :D