Sbe2 and patternmaster turkey choke

BIG BOB 4570

Just shot my sbe2 with hevi shot 13 5 shot twice at 50 yds.had a good pattern but both shots were 6-8 in. To the left of center. Patternmaster choke tube. Cant understand why both shots were to the left.was thinking about buying a .668 jellyhead that nitro sells. Any help or choke suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks bob

• 2 weeks later...

If the pattern was good at 50 yards, which is hard to believe, I would look into a red dot, conventional scope or adjustable sights, to get the gun to shoot where you are aiming. I don't know if there is another choke out there that will pattern at 50 yards. I have shot the Jellyhead with #6 Winchester Hi-Velocitys' and the pattern fell off after 30 yards. Good luck.

I don't know if there is another choke out there that will pattern at 50 yards.

Rhino choke or Jellyhead with the right Nitro load patterns quite well at 50 yards.

If your only getting a 30 yard pattern with your set up you might want to try a new choke shell combo as it is nice to get them always withen 30 yards that is not always reality. With new chokes and loads coming yearly 30 yards is nothing now.

I have a Rhino .660 tube on my SBE2 and I have been shooting the Nitro 4x5x7 3 1/2 inch 2 oz. loads for three years now and I swear by it.

I will not hesitate a 60 yard shot, and I have made several. My furthest kill was 84 with it (double tap).

A lot of people have put a lot of money and effort into building the ultimate turkey gun on the foundation SBE2. Since you already have the foundaion, go ahead and complete the structure, you'll be happy. I remember that I originally didn;t want tospend the extra money on the tube and the shells, but I am glad I did.

Definitley put a sighting device on the gun. At 30 yards you have little room for error with the tight choke, and I have found the Nitro shells hold tighter than others as well.

Just one more note...I shot a bowling pin Saturday at 100 yards, and there were 18 pellets in it....deep.

I tried the nitro turkey shells and they pattern great. But if you look close so much of the shot looks like no. 7 shot. This might be fine on close turkeys but i think 5 shot would be better on 50+yard birds. Has anybody else noticed this?thanks bob

YOur right but you have to remember your not shooting copper plated shells you are shooting 7 hevi shot which hits as hard as no 5 copper plated shot at 40 yards. The 7s have no problem killing at 50 yards. I shot 2 at 55 this year 1 at 49 and 1 at 63 all got knocked down for the count. 4x5x7 Nitro loads are the real deal.

YOur right but you have to remember your not shooting copper plated shells you are shooting 7 hevi shot which hits as hard as no 5 copper plated shot at 40 yards. The 7s have no problem killing at 50 yards. I shot 2 at 55 this year 1 at 49 and 1 at 63 all got knocked down for the count. 4x5x7 Nitro loads are the real deal.

Exactly. Well said. And those ranges are not flukes for Nitros, they are the norm!

This is my first posting on this forum so if I'm repeating a previous conversation, I apologize. My question has to due with my M4 and possibly taking it out on a turkey hunt. Any sugestion on a good, solid choke for it? We typically are taking shots 20-45 yards out. For years I've used my 835 Ulti-Mag but I'm considering using the M4 in the Fall. Any suggestions?

This is my first posting on this forum so if I'm repeating a previous conversation, I apologize. My question has to due with my M4 and possibly taking it out on a turkey hunt. Any sugestion on a good, solid choke for it? We typically are taking shots 20-45 yards out. For years I've used my 835 Ulti-Mag but I'm considering using the M4 in the Fall. Any suggestions?

No two guns will shoot a like but if you get a few chokes and a few different loads you will be able to find one that suits your needs. YOu can also look up here what you can expect using Rhino choke and Nitro shells http://www.nitrocompany.com/pattern.htm