Picatinny attachment for Super Black Eagle II

HogBoss

Get it drilled and tapped.

93 Weaver pattern.

EGW makes it the rail.

I thought we decided that the little nubbies on the side instead of the full cross bar were not the way to go for reliably mounting optics...

I know there was a whole other thread that ended with cleefurd making a new rail. So if that new rail anywhere close to fitting on an SBEII I'd hold out for that, especially if you are drilling and tapping because then you can make the holes to fit the rail rather than the other way.

We decided?

EGW makes a good product.

The problem with the M4 rails posted in the other pic wasn't so much the way the lugs are made as it was the fact that the rails aren't milled to true 1913 specs. That allows for an ill fit. between the rails and the rings.

Cleefurd can do whatever he wants to do.

If I were mounting optics on my SBEII, I'd either use the EGW or simply buy a dencent quality blank (like the Millett PC00003) and drill it to match the 93 Weaver pattern (just stay in sync with factory Benellis).

We decided?

EGW makes a good product.

The problem with the M4 rails posted in the other pic wasn't so much the way the lugs are made as it was the fact that the rails aren't milled to true 1913 specs. That allows for an ill fit. between the rails and the rings.

Cleefurd can do whatever he wants to do.

If I were mounting optics on my SBEII, I'd either use the EGW or simply buy a dencent quality blank (like the Millett PC00003) and drill it to match the 93 Weaver pattern (just stay in sync with factory Benellis).

The rail is 1913 spec except for the axial cut which destroys the "foot" of QD mounts.