Installing Steady Grip

davidcjones

I am new to Benelli firearms. I have a SuperNova with the standard comfortech grip. I ordered a steady grip stock through my gun shop, and it came this week. It should seem pretty basic to swap these, but there are no instructions. I assumed I would remove the nuts from the Comfortech and just pop the new one on. However, the Steadygrip came with a square plate—that I suspect slides through the slot in the stock as part of the assembly and is the stock locking plate for this particular stock. There is also a small rubber piece that I am not sure where it goes. Can someone tell me? I am inclined to simply put the stock on the gun with the square piece that looks like a buckle (stock locking plate) slid into position through the side of the stock and then over the bolt. I will save the elliptical flat stock locking plate that came out of the comfortech but use the same locking washer and nut. I am mainly trying to figure out where this triangular rubber piece goes in the assembly. You'd think a easy one page instruction sheet would come when the parts look different than the OEM stock.

Thanks for any guidance.

Best regards,

David

You would be correct to put the rectangular plate on. It replaces the locking/shim plate inside the comfortech stock, and centers the rod. The black triangular piece is a fillett place that goes between the stock and receiver to fill the gap at the trigger guard.

Thank you for your note. I actually noticed that the black rubber piece fits in the stock in the area you suggested this morning—but when it is in place, I cannot reassemble the gun. There isn't really a space to fill between the trigger guard and the stock (unless I have it in backwards or something). Basically, without this piece the stock seems to be flush against the guard. I am wondering if it is a necessary filler for some shotguns (M2, SBE, etc) but not the SuperNova.

David

Thank you for your note. I actually noticed that the black rubber piece fits in the stock in the area you suggested this morning—but when it is in place, I cannot reassemble the gun. There isn't really a space to fill between the trigger guard and the stock (unless I have it in backwards or something). Basically, without this piece the stock seems to be flush against the guard. I am wondering if it is a necessary filler for some shotguns (M2, SBE, etc) but not the SuperNova.

David

I recall that rubber filler part was used for the SBE II.

Also, does your flat plate have slots on each end? If so, it's for attaching a sling.

Thank you.

I love the shotgun, but the documentation was a little sketchy on using the shims in the original stock and the documentation of the replacement stock is non-existent!

Yes, there are slots. I figured it was for the sling and am glad you confirmed!

Have a great day.

David

Thank you.

I love the shotgun, but the documentation was a little sketchy on using the shims in the original stock and the documentation of the replacement stock is non-existent!

Yes, there are slots. I figured it was for the sling and am glad you confirmed!

Have a great day.

David

:confused:

Using the shims with the original stock is clearly outlined in the user's manual - always has been - it's one of Benelli's best features.

I recall you can't use the original shims with the SG stock. I didn't like that as my SBE II shot about 18" low with the SG. I guess I could have cut the SG stock up and tried to adjust it, but I ended up selling it on E-Bay (when they still allowed the sale of gun parts) for more than I paid for it!