Collapsable stock measurements

jhedge05

I recently purchased a benelli m104 which has the collapsable stock but not the nothces to actually make it collapse. I did some research and heard a cost effective way to make it collapse would be to take it to a local gunsmith and have it machined adding notches. Could anyone measure there collapsable stock and tell me the measurements such as how far from the rear of the tube is each notch, how deep is the groove that runs the length of the tube,... I also noticed on some pictures that there are some small grooves that go around the tube in a circle. Are they necessary? Thanks for all the help!

I did see those they were kind of costly plus i heard that it is near impossible to remove the existing one without damaging the gun itself in the process. I was thinking about taking those pictures to the gunsmith to see if he can replicate but its kind of hard without the proper measurements to go on. From what i've heard people have had there's milled but i haven't found a gunsmith in my area who has done one before and am nervous of who to trust to start cutting up my benelli.

I did see those they were kind of costly plus i heard that it is near impossible to remove the existing one without damaging the gun itself in the process. I was thinking about taking those pictures to the gunsmith to see if he can replicate but its kind of hard without the proper measurements to go on. From what i've heard people have had there's milled but i haven't found a gunsmith in my area who has done one before and am nervous of who to trust to start cutting up my benelli.

Ship it to someone who has done it before and is confident. When it comes to finding a machinist, quality experience is the only certification I trust.

There used to be a gunsmith you could send your M1014 to and have him cut the correct notches for the collaspable stock but using the "search" option on this forum came up empty. Maybe someone here knows the guys name. I remember his price was very reasonable, though.

I recently found this sight e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=983200&chrSuperSKU=&MC=which has the tube for a lot cheaper. 2 questions. Can anyone tell the difference between the two i'm not really sure why one is more than the other. Second does anyone know of a gunsmith who could take off the tube without damaging the gun to have my tube replaced.

• 1 year later...

I just bought a Benelli M4 Collapsable Stock Part # 70085. Am I hearing that the tube has to machined before I can attach it? The part did not come with a tube and I have seen some pics with it coming with a tube (Supernova Collapsible Stock). Can anyone enlighten me?

I don't want to tear the gun apart until I know what I am getting into.

Thanks!

I just bought a Benelli M4 Collapsable Stock Part # 70085. Am I hearing that the tube has to machined before I can attach it? The part did not come with a tube and I have seen some pics with it coming with a tube (Supernova Collapsible Stock). Can anyone enlighten me?

I don't want to tear the gun apart until I know what I am getting into.

Thanks!

As long as your M4 is a model 11707 then all you have to to is take off your existing stock and replace it with the c-stock. Here is a video that details the process. If it is a model M1014, then you will need a new recoil tube that has the notches for collapsing the c-stock.