Benelli M4 -- Front Sight Nut

StrangerDanger

I recently purchased a set of night sights for my M4. I ran into some trouble though. The front sight post uses an extremely small nut that is difficult to access. I looked online and local for a wrench small enough to tighten/loosen this nut with no luck.

It is a smaller than 6mm nut. That's as small as I could find from the usual sources.

SD,

I used a 5.5 millimeter, but I think a 1/4 inch might work. I used an open end, six point box wrench. Cute little sucker. I now use it as a key chain because I will probably never use it again.

If your local, I would lend it to you. I am in ny.

I recently ordered a 5.5mm wrench to install my meprolights through Amazon for $5.45 Here's the link to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Wiha-Metric-Wrench-5-0mm-5-5mm/dp/B000IBOOBM

They shipped it right away. A 7/32 wrench also fits but the 5.5mm fits better. If you have a local Sears you can get one there but you have to buy a whole set of ignition wrenches for $19.95. They don't sell them seperately.

Thanks guys. I ordered a set of them from Sears. Chances are I'll never need them again, but it's always nice to have proper tools.

+1!!!

I always hated cheap tools. I am going to invest in a set of NICE small allen wrenches. I got tired of crappy ones rounding off.

Whenever I made orders from Brownells, I try to throw an extra 100 dollars worth of quality tools in. One of my pet peeves is cheap plyers. Or junk punches.

I've been eyeballing the Brownells screw driver sets. Generally, I don't care much for the removable bit sets, but theres is difficult to beat. Particularly with all the different length handles and so on.

Whenever I made orders from Brownells, I try to throw an extra 100 dollars worth of quality tools in. One of my pet peeves is cheap plyers. Or junk punches.

I've been eyeballing the Brownells screw driver sets. Generally, I don't care much for the removable bit sets, but theres is difficult to beat. Particularly with all the different length handles and so on.

Damn, you either have a lot of money to throw around or you don't order from Brownells very much.

If I threw an extra $100 in every time I ordered something ... I would very quickly run out of money.

Or Alisske could mail it to you USPS Priority in exchange for a couple of bucks to cover his lunch for his trouble in shipping when you return it to him...

I dunno, just an idea. You won't need it but once.

Unob,

Do you have a 5.5 mm wrench? If so, you should just simply offer it up yourself, rather than tell mewhat to do with mine.

Mine was from a set of my fathers, so I don't care to part with it.

I have a feeling you won't answer if you have one, but if you do have one, I have a recomendation of what you can do with it. This is the second time you have stepped on me in a thread. You get two.

Unob,

Do you have a 5.5 mm wrench? If so, you should just simply offer it up yourself, rather than tell mewhat to do with mine.

I have a feeling you won't answer if you have one, but if you do have one, I have a recomendation of what you can do with it. This is the second time you have stepped on me in a thread. You get two.

In before the drama over a tiny wrench.

Unob,

169iz54.jpg

Edited by Unobtanium

Duggan,

I did not know you and unobtanium got engaged, when is the special day? I apologize if I am mistaken, but I assumed the way you came to that "damsel's" defense that you two were a hot item. :)

As far as the 5.5 wrench, I was just pointing out that unobtanium should do a little self evaluation as to his opinions , and the real value of them. ( note, he never answered my question) quite predictable indeed!

Be well, I thought you were funny up until I see you play favorites. :) I will put big smiles on this so you all don't get menstral on me.

Duggan,

I did not know you and unobtanium got engaged, when is the special day? I apologize if I am mistaken, but I assumed the way you came to that "damsel's" defense that you two were a hot item.

As far as the 5.5 wrench, I was just pointing out that unobtanium should do a little self evaluation as to his opinions , and the real value of them. ( note, he never answered my question) quite predictable indeed!

Be well, I thought you were funny up until I see you play favorites. I will put big smiles on this so you all don't get menstral on me.

We got married last summer in Hawaii :)

gay-marriage-simpsons.jpg

No favorites here, I just didn't really see why you got offended over someone suggesting that a wrench could be loaned ... I don't see anywhere where he said "YOU MUST DO IT, YOU HAVE A MORAL OBLIGATION TO YOUR FELLOW NELLI SHOOTER, DO IT OR FACE SWIFT RETRIBUTIONNNNN!!1!!"

So I threw in some drama pics. Sue me.

Edited by Duggan

Duggan,

I did not know you and unobtanium got engaged, when is the special day? I apologize if I am mistaken, but I assumed the way you came to that "damsel's" defense that you two were a hot item. :)

Be well, I thought you were funny up until I see you play favorites. :) I will put big smiles on this so you all don't get menstral on me.

I did not answer your question because I didn't think I had to comment for you and everyone else to know the answer to it. I obviously do not have a 5.5mm wrench or it would have been already sent to the OP before he ordered one.

As to the rest of your rant, I will just sit back and laugh, too funny.