Can the milled tube be purchased by itself from Benelli for replacement?

NvrenufRR

You mean the three position recoil tube for the M1014 or M4?

If so they are usually available on GB, and the prices can really vary a great deal. The other alternative is to send yours out to be machined. Bob Coagan of Accurate Plating and Weaponry can machine them if you want to go that route. I have one he machined that I would be willing to sell for a decent price if you wanted to go that route. The other alternative is that you can get the one that Numrich sells but it is only supports the two positions - fully extended and fully collapsed (no middle setting).

Replacing the tube is not too bad. You really need a vice and a propane torch, small pin punch and hammer, and a 27mm wrench and a pair of vice grips.

First, you totally disassemble the shotgun. Remove the pin that hold in the grip and unscrew the grip from the tube. Spray down the whole thing with gun scrubber as you are going to get this baby hot and if you have any oil or grease in it it will set it on fire. Put it in a well padded vice - I did use scrap wood blocks that did get burned. Rubber pads will melt. Have a 27mm wrench and vice grips handy. You really need to use a propane torch to heat it up as an electric heat gun does not get it hot enough. A very small flame is sufficient and will not damage the finish at all. You don't have to force it - when you apply enough heat it will just unscrew. Too much force just means you don't have enough heat.

Heat that baby up and you should be able to remove the nut. While continuing to apply heat, use the vice grips (covered with a wet cloth to protect the finish) to gently turn the tube. Eventually with enough heat it will break free without a lot of force. Continue to apply heat or it will immediately dock up.

I liberally applied red lock tight and put the stock back on to make sure it aligned up properly with the stock on and locked the nut down. Reassemble, relub and enjoy!

Edited by Flame Red