Benelli Nova question

DevildogBenelli

Hey I have a Benelli Nova with the 26" barrel and i've already learned that its near impossible to get a shorter barrel without getting it cut so I am just gunna deal with having the long dog barrel, but does anyone have a good source for tactical accessories for the Nova? I wanna get flashlight and maybe a laser. and correct me if im wrong but i dont think you can get a different stock for it cause its one piece right?

any information will be appreciated thanks

Semper Fi

Hey I have a Benelli Nova with the 26" barrel and i've already learned that its near impossible to get a shorter barrel without getting it cut so I am just gunna deal with having the long dog barrel, but does anyone have a good source for tactical accessories for the Nova? I wanna get flashlight and maybe a laser. and correct me if im wrong but i dont think you can get a different stock for it cause its one piece right?

any information will be appreciated thanks

Semper Fi

You can buy another barrel and have it cut down for around $100 or so and re-threaded for chokes as well. Guy will also lengthen the forcing-cone, etc.

You interested?

You can buy another barrel and have it cut down for around $100 or so and re-threaded for chokes as well. Guy will also lengthen the forcing-cone, etc.

You interested?

you mean i can buy the barrel and have it cut down for 100 or buy the barrel for x amount and get it cut down for 100.

cause i found a gunsmith around my house that will cut it down and thread it for chokes for 30 bucks.

you mean i can buy the barrel and have it cut down for 100 or buy the barrel for x amount and get it cut down for 100.

cause i found a gunsmith around my house that will cut it down and thread it for chokes for 30 bucks.

If he is competant, I would take the option you have discovered. I meant the latter.

Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene(UHMW)......a high grade machinable plastic. Actually, I'm shooting coyote loads with this gun. I use it for the close-in dogs that slip in on me from the rear. My primary is a .257 Wetherby or a 22-250. But, like I said, sometimes they get too close and the shot shells are cheaper.

Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene(UHMW)......a high grade machinable plastic. Actually, I'm shooting coyote loads with this gun. I use it for the close-in dogs that slip in on me from the rear. My primary is a .257 Wetherby or a 22-250. But, like I said, sometimes they get too close and the shot shells are cheaper.

oh haha sounds expensive! and yeah me and my buddy went out last weekend and he took his bow ha and if they snuck up i got em with the slugs ha. were trying to think of more challenging ways to kills those damn things!

First off, you can find "tactical" accessories for the nova/supernova at many places such as tacticalshotgunner.com, midwayusa.com, opticsplanet.com, and so forth.

However, I must say that adding a light to a gun sporting a 26" barrel may make it somewhat cumbersome when you factor in the added weight of a mag extension..well, a full length one at least. Now, I can sell you (as listed within my ad on this forum) my M3X light w/curly cord remote switch, a mounting bracket for the light and a 2 to 3 shot mag extension (depending on ammo used) for $250 shipped.

The mag extension is not quite as nice as the Nordic Components extension, but it should get you started and is practicaly brand new. Now, this particular extension will not extend all the way to the muzzle, of course, but it will add an extra 2 or 3 round capacity while allowing for a mounted light. Besides, if you must put a light on your gun (as is), I wouldnt recommend going with a full length mag tube anyway.

Keep in mind, all of these mods you are considering for your Nova regarding the barrel and stock (the light and extension not included) just may end up costing you as much money as a new SNT would or at least real close. Just something to think about.

Trust me, I speak from experience on this one as I easily spent over $200 converting my Mossberg 590 SP to 590A1 specs. Had I just been patient enough, I could have bought a 590A1 for much less than the overall cost of my "converted" 590 and saved a few hundred bucks. Im still kicking myself in the pants over that one!

Anyway, if you still insist on mounting a light/extension on your current rig or you want one for your second nova/supernova (if you buy one), I can set you up with an inexpensive, quality and complete light setup for your gun. Nothing else needed here other than 15 to 20 minutes of install time. After all, just the light itself, given the model I have, would cost close to $250 brand new.

Edited by shotgunNoob