VINCI!!!!!!!!!!

VINCIshooter

breakfree clp is a very common and well known multipurpose cleaner.

A dedicated solvent would also strip the oil from your gun and remove fingerprints, assuming they havent been sitting on the gun for years, which in your case is obviously not an issue.

Cleaner Lubricant Protectant

I've never tried Breakfree on my black SBEII, but Hoppes Elite Field Cleaner (also a CLP product) works great on the metals and it makes the synthetics look better than new.

My dad bought me some Gun scrubber from walmart but im worried to use it becouse it says may harm wood metal and paint. I have some hoppes stuff I use in my barrels would that work? And trust me these grease marks dont come off with oil or alchahol.

Gun scrubber should be OK on the metals, but don't let it get on the synthetics.

The Hoppes stuff you have is probably #9 bore cleaner?

No, it will not be OK.

Get some Breakfree or Hoppes Elite Field Cleaner.

I know Wal-Mart has the Hoppes and I think they have Breakfree as well.

Gun scrubber should be OK on the metals, but don't let it get on the synthetics.

The Hoppes stuff you have is probably #9 bore cleaner?

No, it will not be OK.

Get some Breakfree or Hoppes Elite Field Cleaner.

I know Wal-Mart has the Hoppes and I think they have Breakfree as well.

Yeah I have that #9 hoppes I'll try allitle bit of the gun scrubber were you cant see the metal and test it I'ts gotta be one of those insurance things they have to put on there

Yeah I have that #9 hoppes I'll try allitle bit of the gun scrubber were you cant see the metal and test it I'ts gotta be one of those insurance things they have to put on there

It's not an "insurance thing." Since the original Gun Scrubber damaged synthetics, they now have produced an additional product which they claim is safe on synthetics:

http://www.birchwoodcasey.com/sport/maintenance_index.asp?categoryID=2&subcat=3

Regardless, I believe Tucker's recommendation is the best choice. Gunscrubber was engineered to clean internal parts, not as a surface protectant.

Edited by wornsoles

• 2 weeks later...
does anyone know how to remove grease spots and fingerprints from black synthetic? its my first gun with that type metal barrel?
Solvents should not be needed for this (I tend to think of ANY solvent as "for metals only"). If you do use a solvent, wipe it on lightly and remove it quickly...still, its not the best idea. I personally use Weapon Shield for anything outside of deep/difficult cleaning (metals or plastics). This stuff will certainly suffice when it comes to removing fingerprints and such. Just be sure to wipe off any excess. Edited by shotgunNoob

I live in California but now buy my gun online out of state. Can get them cheaper and don't have to pay 9% sales tax.

Well you may not be paying it, but it is not correct to say that you don't have to.

You ARE supposed to, by law, voluntarily pay it.

But there's currently no way of enforcing it.

It's a blow-back system?

I wonder how they did that?!

Interesting. Somehow, you have to allow exit of the gas of the heavier loads, trap it for the lighter loads. I guess with good engineering, anything is possible.

Well, I like the Xtrema. I'm sure the Vinci is a fine gun.

It's a blow-back system?

I wonder how they did that?!

Interesting. Somehow, you have to allow exit of the gas of the heavier loads, trap it for the lighter loads. I guess with good engineering, anything is possible.

Well, I like the Xtrema. I'm sure the Vinci is a fine gun.

No, Inertia Driven (ID) is not a blow-back system. A blow-back system does not really lock the bolt solid, but ID does.

About how ID works without gas system, you may go to BenelliUSA to find why.

I looked at the schematic and the video. Looks like a blow back system to me with a rotating block.

Doesn't matter, as long as it works.

The recoil system is interesting, seems to rely on the absorption of the impact through the stock, which is designed to flex with the energy.

My Xtrema has a spring plunger in the butt stock that absorbs the recoil like a car's shock absorber. It works very well, but you can feel it spring back into place sometimes. Those that are sensitive and want everything perfect with their guns might not like it. Doesn't bother me any, I can go through 8, even 10 or 11 boxes of shells in an afternoon practicing sporting clays and my shoulder is fine.

Anyway, Vinci looks like a fine gun. If I didn't already have the Xtrema, I would consider it.

I'm looking for another O/U for my next purchase.

I looked at the schematic and the video. Looks like a blow back system to me with a rotating block.

Doesn't matter, as long as it works.

The recoil system is interesting, seems to rely on the absorption of the impact through the stock, which is designed to flex with the energy.

My Xtrema has a spring plunger in the butt stock that absorbs the recoil like a car's shock absorber. It works very well, but you can feel it spring back into place sometimes. Those that are sensitive and want everything perfect with their guns might not like it. Doesn't bother me any, I can go through 8, even 10 or 11 boxes of shells in an afternoon practicing sporting clays and my shoulder is fine.

Anyway, Vinci looks like a fine gun. If I didn't already have the Xtrema, I would consider it.

I'm looking for another O/U for my next purchase.

I can go through 20 boxes with my super nova no problem trap loads are light. Try going through a box of 2 1/4 oz. 3.5"s that will hurt more than 20 boxes of trap loads. Most of the O/U trap guns are citoris around here you should look into one of those.