Another lpa ghost ring question???

herelilquail

am i correct if:

i impact target w/slug left of center, move rear sight left "X" amount of clicks?

i impact target w/slug right of center, move rear sight right "X" amount of clicks?

cant go to range right now, work in the way. this is driving me nuts. i wrote down my corrective clicks i thought were right so i can go back and reverse.

in other words i am impacting at 7 o clock low and left of "X" ring. i moved my clicks to the right to correct this. i think i screwed up. my mind has been dwelling on this because of the costs associated with breneke slugs. also when i can hit the range it will be short and sweet as once again work in the way.

really trying to do this in 5 shots or less at 25 yds.

thanks for a simple explanation.

am i correct if:

i impact target w/slug left of center, move rear sight left "X" amount of clicks?

i impact target w/slug right of center, move rear sight right "X" amount of clicks?

cant go to range right now, work in the way. this is driving me nuts. i wrote down my corrective clicks i thought were right so i can go back and reverse.

in other words i am impacting at 7 o clock low and left of "X" ring. i moved my clicks to the right to correct this. i think i screwed up. my mind has been dwelling on this because of the costs associated with breneke slugs. also when i can hit the range it will be short and sweet as once again work in the way.

really trying to do this in 5 shots or less at 25 yds.

thanks for a simple explanation.

Always move the rear sight in the direction you want to move the POI.

so i was correct, in moving rear sight to the "RIGHT" to correct my 7 oclock(left) and low of "X", point of slug impact!

thank you. that made my night. since im still at work until 10pm here, i can concentrate on other matters, instead of climbing the walls, thinking this thru.

yes mine came with directions ie. arrow® and arrow(up). after frantically searching for a definitive answer..............I FOUND THE MANUAL for my M-2. but with neither my m-2 nor the LPA sights did i receive handy dandy zoomy sight adjustment tool etched with benelli's logo nor lpa's logo. that was mentioned on LPA website that each set of sights comes with. no big deal, have correct gunsmithy screwdriver so as NOT to BOOGER up screws.

i am sneaking out this am as soon as i jump in shower and slam some coffee, and im gonna let them both RIP AT 25yds with federal slugs.

m-2 was fairly accurate out of box with some rem slugs. rem 870 has now been adjusted as best as possible since last sunday mathematically with new click figures. so i am foaming at the mouth to punch some paper.

today is strictly federal 3" magnum slug groupings and 2 3/4 low recoil slug groupings. i get a deal on bulk federal from my ffl friend whom im attempting to buy a class III weapon from once i can get my forms signed off.

benching a shotgun is always a slap in the face! cant wait. will report back

yes mine came with directions ie. arrow® and arrow(up). after frantically searching for a definitive answer..............I FOUND THE MANUAL for my M-2. but with neither my m-2 nor the LPA sights did i receive handy dandy zoomy sight adjustment tool etched with benelli's logo nor lpa's logo. that was mentioned on LPA website that each set of sights comes with. no big deal, have correct gunsmithy screwdriver so as NOT to BOOGER up screws.

i am sneaking out this am as soon as i jump in shower and slam some coffee, and im gonna let them both RIP AT 25yds with federal slugs.

m-2 was fairly accurate out of box with some rem slugs. rem 870 has now been adjusted as best as possible since last sunday mathematically with new click figures. so i am foaming at the mouth to punch some paper.

today is strictly federal 3" magnum slug groupings and 2 3/4 low recoil slug groupings. i get a deal on bulk federal from my ffl friend whom im attempting to buy a class III weapon from once i can get my forms signed off.

benching a shotgun is always a slap in the face! cant wait. will report back

I benched my M4 with 1oz/1760fps slugs once.

Once.

Never again. THat range-session sucked. 3" ammo is to be fired from the standing position. Period.

I benched my M4 with 1oz/1760fps slugs once.

Once.

Never again. THat range-session sucked. 3" ammo is to be fired from the standing position. Period.

What "we" have found to be helpfull is a shotbag up front and an angled one to the rear, will cut the recoil significantly.

Also, remember the standard choke on the M4 is really designed for 00 Buck and you should step "open" a size to tighten your slug groups.

My "test" showed a need for a choke size between "IC" and "Mod". BlackBore (GTPSC) is doing a test and will be coming out with a "Tactical" Choke, should fill the bill nicely.

Mg

GTPSC

What "we" have found to be helpfull is a shotbag up front and an angled one to the rear, will cut the recoil significantly.

Also, remember the standard choke on the M4 is really designed for 00 Buck and you should step "open" a size to tighten your slug groups.

My "test" showed a need for a choke size between "IC" and "Mod". BlackBore (GTPSC) is doing a test and will be coming out with a "Tactical" Choke, should fill the bill nicely.

Mg

GTPSC

Did your "test" fall down after one slug? :)

Mg

GTPSC

I was cutting the target in-half as I walked the sights on at 50 yards. Good enough for me.

I have found both IC and MOD to work well. If you want a .015 constriction, I suggest you try LM. That fits the bill.

well the range is always the place ya either come home happy as **** or bewildered.

everything OK with m-2. started slugs a little right of "X" but level at 25yds on 25yd nra pistol target.. walked it in and all is good with m-2. man nor bear nor zombeez will know what hit them. m-2 will be dismantled in next couple of days and cleaned within inch of its life and lubed. happy happy happy warm fuzzy. no problemos with recoil with federal 3" slugs. standing up was actually more accurate than laying forearm over carpeted wood block and sitting. federal low recoil were ***** cats.

now the rem 870 last sunday printed a 1000% better after dropping off at vang north of me in chino valley. he guarantees a 9" group of OO buck at 25yds and he delivered as promised.

on the slug side of story.............not so good. last sunday we were at 7 oclock and about 2.5-3" below "X" at 25 yds.

today we were the same but i did gain some elevation that made me kind of happy. as far as correcting to the right i am about out of "clicks" on windage. this pissed me off. 30 rds of low recoil and fed 3" slugs.

came home threw snotguns in safe and went to work. pondered this one big time. called vang. he said bring it on up and we will bend magazine tube and barrel will follow. apparently remingtons QC is not always up to par. also stated they would "sight in" with federal/remington/breneke at 25yds and see which flavor the 870 likes most. vang guarantees a 3" group taking "X" out at 25yds.

so there ya have it. m-2's first slug outing and what a blast. had a group gather around target commenting how BIG HOLES WERE! hahahahaha no damn wonder everyone respects a shotgun!

and the best part...............my shoulder isnt black and blue! thank you benelli/thank you vang and spec-ops stock.